Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you LOVE your DISHWASHER?

On 4/22/2014 violann said: I have posted elsewhere that the only thing you have to do so that my ultra ULTRA expensive Kenmore will get dishes clean is to wash them in hot soapy water before you put them in it. Otherwise I HATE it.

I know! One Kenmore model I think was $1400! OHMYGOSH! That was the one I was going to look at!!! SHEESH! Seems like the cheaper models are the BEST! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

On 4/22/2014 terrier3 said:

I have a Bosch and love it. It has a stainless steel interior and a disposal. It was about $500-$600. The dishwasher in the home I bought was broken, so I was given $1000 at closing - I ended up making some $$$ on the deal!

It is quiet, cleans very well and isn't too complicated (just 3 possible settings).

Hi there! So you do NOT have to clean the food filter? Is that right! Bosch is highly RATED top 3 DW according to consumer reports.

Esteemed Contributor

Whirlpool - a few hundred dollars - works like a charm - clean dishes every time and NO filters to clean.

Whish....................

Honored Contributor

On 4/22/2014 brunette8706 said:

I have a Bosch and love it. It has a stainless steel interior and a disposal. It was about $500-$600. The dishwasher in the home I bought was broken, so I was given $1000 at closing - I ended up making some $$$ on the deal!

It is quiet, cleans very well and isn't too complicated (just 3 possible settings).

Hi there! So you do NOT have to clean the food filter? Is that right! Bosch is highly RATED top 3 DW according to consumer reports.

I cleaned the filter once in 5 years...just to see what was there...it was CLEAN!

Respected Contributor

On 4/22/2014 mima said:

I love my GE Profile SS (inside and out) dishwasher. The steam cycle steams the stuck food off. It works perfectly. I don't prewash or pre-rinse dishes ever. Mine has a built in disposal, so I don't have to clean anything out.

We have the GE Profile series range (glass top) really like it except cleaning it is a challenge, and we have the GE profile microwave! We were going to get the GE profile DW but I saw that it had low ratings. Goes to show you can't go by the ratings if you love it. Do you have to clean the food filter?

There is no food filter. I don't even rinse whole beans, rice, potato chunks, etc. off the dishes. It has a built in food disposal.

I bought everything to match at once and I love them all. Fridge, DW, range and microwave. I think I've had them all about 4 years. I can't remember for sure.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/22/2014 fthunt said:

Whirlpool - a few hundred dollars - works like a charm - clean dishes every time and NO filters to clean.

Whish....................

BINGO ! LOL!

Honored Contributor

I love my dishwasher. I've been married to him for a long time.

Trusted Contributor

I cleaned the filter once in 5 years...just to see what was there...it was CLEAN!

Another BINGO! Was the DW capacity normal size. I saw the Bosch's and it seems like some were "smaller". You don't have a model number do you? Yep Bosch was rated the top3, did I already say that!? lol

Trusted Contributor

On 4/22/2014 brewhaha said:

I love my dishwasher. I've been married to him for a long time.

LMBO!!!! I was waiting for that! lol

Trusted Contributor

On 4/22/2014 mima said:
On 4/22/2014 mima said:

I love my GE Profile SS (inside and out) dishwasher. The steam cycle steams the stuck food off. It works perfectly. I don't prewash or pre-rinse dishes ever. Mine has a built in disposal, so I don't have to clean anything out.

We have the GE Profile series range (glass top) really like it except cleaning it is a challenge, and we have the GE profile microwave! We were going to get the GE profile DW but I saw that it had low ratings. Goes to show you can't go by the ratings if you love it. Do you have to clean the food filter?

There is no food filter. I don't even rinse whole beans, rice, potato chunks, etc. off the dishes. It has a built in food disposal.

I bought everything to match at once and I love them all. Fridge, DW, range and microwave. I think I've had them all about 4 years. I can't remember for sure.

Another BINGO! That's the thing, we have the GE Profile Range so pretty and microwave, love it! I was going to get the darn matching GE Profile DW and didn't UGH! Thanks so much for your input! Smiley Happy