Trusted Contributor

Do they actually need models?

Why would they need models to model those short socks.When I saw that last nite I said Boy what is next.We all know how to put socks on,that was a waste of time.

Valued Contributor

Re: Do they actually need models?

I think some people may find it helpful to see how far the socks come up on the ankle?

Honored Contributor

I can't tell you how many pairs of socks didn't look right by purchasing without seeing on a real person!!  So I want to see that!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I think it is important to see the model.  Assuming the socks are sized, S/M/L, I want to see how it looks when the model wears her correct size.  

I cannot tell you how many times I buy socks that are my correct size, but the heel stretches clear up past my ankle.  That looks ridiculous inside a sneaker, and squishing it back down in my shoe causes a callous.

Esteemed Contributor

@bewise wrote:

Why would they need models to model those short socks.When I saw that last nite I said Boy what is next.We all know how to put socks on,that was a waste of time.

Helpful for those who don't know how to put on socks though 🤣

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see the presentation, but if I was buying socks I would want to see them on a model.  I have bought socks that are too big, too small, stretchy, stiff... Sometimes we don't know where they will hit us based on stretch.  Some socks fall right off.  It would be good to have the information on fit by having a model wear them.

Esteemed Contributor

If the show has a Host that person can try on the socks ... a  mannequin's  legs can also show how high on the ankle the sock will come- they can even put a shoe on a mannequin.

Good grief

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bewise wrote:

Why not.  It always helps to see how an item, no matter what it is, looks when you wear the item.  It's not about HOW to put the socks on.  If its a waste of your time, then you have the option to not watch.

Esteemed Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

If the show has a Host that person can try on the socks ... a  mannequin's  legs can also show how high on the ankle the sock will come- they can even put a shoe on a mannequin.

Good grief

@skatting44 The QVC mannequins don't have the same proportions as real people.  So no mannequins are not adequate.  Since socks don't have that many fit points, one model would be sufficient IMO, and that could be the host IMO if that is what they want to do.

Honored Contributor

Are the socks one-size-fits-all?   If so - or regardless - they should tell us the model's foot size so we can see the fit, how far the heel rides up the back of the foot, etc.