Regular Contributor

Do some clothes/shoes never go on sale?

I'm just curious - there are things in my Wish List that have been there nearly a year & the price is still the same.  If most of the sizes are available you would think they would be marked down.  Does QVC have two big clothing sales a year - fall & after Christmas?

Respected Contributor

Re: Do some clothes/shoes never go on sale?

I have things on my Wish List that have gone up in price over a three year period.

Super Contributor

I, too, have wondered about that. I bought 2 pairs of Vionic's High Tide sandals last summer and I love them. I wanted to get another pair so I put it on my wish list. Everytime they had a free ship, 6 easy pay days I would look in my wish list. No luck. Finally, last night they put the ones I wanted on sale - they droppied $14. So, I finally got to snap them up. It only took 9+ months.

I wonder how they justify keeping that inventory that is definitely last year's. My DH worked in retail as a manager for 40 years. No manager would allow that to happen.

Honored Contributor

Funny you mention this.  I find HSN is more likely to put their shoes on sale than QVC, but there's a pair of high priced boots I have been eyeing over a year...never were on sale.  They are more for winter, have been online since fall 2017, so I'd think now would be the time, but I'm not holding my breath.  

Retailers normally want to get rid of their last season's inventory and mark it down accordingly, but QVC has some that is over two years old.  It's on perpetual sale, but evidently not marked down enough to interest buyers. 

Esteemed Contributor

You're probably bettor off to take advantage of easy pay and free shipping when available.   Sometimes the "sale" prices are a joke.  Seriously $5.00 off is not a sale Smiley Sad

More often I find the LTS can have a good price, I usually check them out daily just in case!

Regular Contributor

QVC has rarely offered good end of season clearances the way HSN does as well as retail stores. And as LindaSal said, even many of their sale or clearance prices are only 5 to 10%.  Nothing much is unique anymore so you should do a google search for items you like and sometimes you will find it at a better price elsewhere. 

Respected Contributor

@CHEX wrote:

QVC has rarely offered good end of season clearances the way HSN does as well as retail stores. And as LindaSal said, even many of their sale or clearance prices are only 5 to 10%.  Nothing much is unique anymore so you should do a google search for items you like and sometimes you will find it at a better price elsewhere

I agree.  And, QVC is the last place I would buy shoes from.  So much competition on that.  Shopping channels have never been known for big sales.  I know HSN seems to mark down more, but when I've tuned in for those presentations, none of what they are offering appeals to me.  Their fashions seem a lot more dated than some of the basics QVC sticks with.

Honored Contributor

QVC doesn't have the type of sales you are talking about.  The price goes down or things go on clearance when quantitiy is low or when sizes and/or colors have run out.  If there is suffficient quantity of something and it is still selling well; QVC doesn't put it on sale or on clearance.  Sometimes something on my wishlist will go up in price.  That's because initially, I put it on my wishlist when it had an introductory price and a year later, that introductory price is over.  So the item costs more.