Respected Contributor

Re: Do joggers look stupid with regular sneakers?

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Yes ..... it looks unbalanced. 

@ALRATIBA 

I don't have joggers but what shoes do you think work better than sneakers?  I'm trying to think of some Q jogger presentations and can't remember what they were wearing.  I could look at their product videos but curious what people here think.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Mindy D I don't know if you had the chance to watch the shoe video, but you should, the model is wearing jogggers fairly similar to the ones you refer to, and may help you make a decision.  On the model, the pants come down to the tongue, and that aspect does not look awkward.  We don't know where the pants would fall on you.  If there were a big gap between the bottom of the pant and the top of the shoe, that would be a very sporty look.

Personally, I like a streamlined look from foot to the top of the pant, so I don't care for the white bottoms on the shoes, so I would probably only get the cream shoes, and pants that make a good color line.  You wrote you are looking for style opinions, and color would be my concern in styling this.

Super Contributor

I looked at both the shoes and the joggers and I think they would work great together. Both look like athleisure wear and neither look like serious exercise wear. Not sure if that was a concern or not, but that is my observation. Despite the tongues on the sneakers coming up the ankle a little bit, there would still be space between the joggers and the shoes. I like joggers especially for the fact that they end at the ankle. I have been looking for a new pair of joggers that are a woven fabric i/o a knit and I really like these!
Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 

I only have one pair of joggers that I bought for physical therapy ....  

I wear them with a leather tie shoe or slip-on sneaker.  Not as clunky looking as "regular sneakers."

Dr. Scholl's® Leather Oxfords 

-----------------------------------

@rockygems123 wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Yes ..... it looks unbalanced. 

@ALRATIBA 

I don't have joggers but what shoes do you think work better than sneakers?  I'm trying to think of some Q jogger presentations and can't remember what they were wearing.  I could look at their product videos but curious what people here think.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D.  Usually, I think joggers are the most unflattering pants one can wear due to the gathered ankle that gives a "balloon effect".  However, i recall the cargo jogger from D&C and I remember the gathering being minimal, although I do not own them.  If this is the case, they have more the appearance of just straight leg pants, in which case I don't think it really matters what type of shoe you wear with them.  Joggers were designed to be worn with jogging or athletic shoes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

i have never been able to purchase a pair of joggers for this exact reason.  in my opinion, finding a shoe that would compliment the pant would be a never ending battle for me.  i do see the models wear something like a slip on sketcher and i think i have also seen them wear a boat shoe ... but for me, i would not be happy no matter what.  joggers are not for me.  

Honored Contributor

I'm going with what @Kachina624 stated.  Joggers are meant to go with athletic/sneakers/tennis shoes.  I think they will go perfect together.

Trusted Contributor

I wear regular white sneakers with my joggers as I think they're 'dressier' than the darker colors. If you got the light color sneakers, I think they'd look fine. 

Honored Contributor

Certainly makes more sense than with a pair of pumps to a wedding! LOL (just going with the sales pitch)

Super Contributor

I think they would work together, but I understand why you're asking because I haven't seen them together on a person before. It's tough with shipping and return costs so high to take a chance! If you go for it, let us know how it works out.