Respected Contributor

Re: Do all pull on jeans creep down?

I found a pair of pull on denim jeans that I really like from Martha Stewart. I bought two pair. One in light inidigo and the other medium indigo. They do have a unique seaming going down the front and sort of to the side of the jean. Hard to explain. It is a very slimming effect. Item #342433. I order the 4 and 6 petite. Neither slid down and just so comfortable. 

Trusted Contributor

Most of them slide on me also!  Then I am walking around with the "saggy crotch" look!     Not pretty!Woman Wink

Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Here's a YouTube video on how to make belt loops.  They're very simple.  Make them fairly taut for this purpose.

Click Here

@Kachina624- Thanks, they do look simple to make.  That might work using one of those invisible belts.

Regular Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@2pennyIf you have that problem, go to amazon and put in "Invisable Belt".  The belts that come up are thick enough elastic which is adjustable, and they are SO thin, (incl the buckle) they won't show at all.  I can even put a fashion belt over them!!!  Very inexpensive.  I got beige and black.

Belt Away

Sand

@ECBG- I'm going to try one of those.  Never would have thought to look for an invisible belt.  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

I find that if I get the waist smaller, they stay up much better. 

Honored Contributor

That's all I wear now are skinny pull up tight jeans. Mine never slip down. Ok I did have one pair that did but it was because the waistband gave out and was too big. Threw them out. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

No........ I've never had that problem.  I have 2 pairs of pull-on jeans with the wide waist band and neither one has ever creeped down on me.   Guess I'm lucky? 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

It's because most of the jeans and lots of pants in gerneral have too much stretch. Put them on and at first they fit and feel great. in an hour or two they have no shaoe and like someon else said it's the saggy crotch look. I try to get pants and jeans with no more than 1% elastane or spandex. it seems that so mnay people want to wear tight skinny jeans so the manufacturers have to put spandex in the jeans. 

Honored Contributor

Only unless the pants/jeans/shorts whatever the case is too big around the waistline. Then yes they do creep down.

I fixed that problem for myself - gave away every pair that's too big in the waistline, sized down, bought myself all new (mostly) jeans/denims/jeggings/leggings) and then the ones that fit nicely but still too big in the waistline as I have a really small one, had my tailor finish the fit by taking in 8 pr for me. Now everything fits perfectly.

Regular Contributor

Yes they do, especially the ones where they fit below the waist.  Why in heaven's sake do all of these companies make their jeans, leggings, jeggings, etc. that fit below the waist????  This is just plain stupid!  Everytime you ned over or move they fall down and you have to hike them back up and this includes those without elastic or the wide band at the top.  So dam uncomfortable and I am not oeverweight!