Honored Contributor

Do You get any Fashion magazines?

[ Edited ]

If so, please post and if not, what web sites do you like to go regarding fashion?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You get any Fashion magazines?

Town and Country, Harper's Bazaar, Vogue and a myriad of other fashion magazines. Most of them I have no idea why I have a subscription....I never paid for them. I think they came from Sephora's mailing list and various stores that I have shopped in.

I have been following fashion since I was 11. Just because I am mid sixties now, does not mean that I won't continue to. It was and always has been a passion of mine..

Honored Contributor

Vogue

Elle

Marie Claire

In Style

I order magazines through Discount Mags, their prices are excellent.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Not anymore, paper fashion mags are too old school for me.  And honestly, there's not much in them for real life people.  It's high end designer stuff for the young and thin.  I go Pinterst for fashion inspiration and I do get inspiration from the shopping channels.  I'm also a people watcher,  I take notice of how fashionable women style and accessortize.  I do buy a couple of the big Fall fashion magazines when they come out.  Although they aren't as "big" and fun as they were in past years.

Honored Contributor

The only one I have a subscription to is Gothic Beauty. I occasionally read or go to the websites for Harper's Bazaar, Vogue, Allure, InStyle, Glamour and Cosmo. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I guess magazines are like books to me - I'd rather have them in my hand, turning pages.  Relaxes me.  I just ordered InStyle through Publishers Clearing House (stupid me, thought if I ordered my changes of winning are better - ha! - that's what keeps that company running - idiots like me!)  I'd much rather look at a decorating magazine though. 

Honored Contributor

I get and use Bazaar more than Vogue (which I'm dropping because of too many articles on personalities).

Bazaar shows me what is going on in fashion and  how they're putting accessories together.

I took InStyle for years, but stopped when they devoted ten pages to stars in long designer gowns from all of the award shows which I can easily see on line.  They're ok, but I'm not interested in seeing that.

I LOVE to google "Street Style" and see what is being worn to the shows by the attendees during Fashion Week in NY and Paris.  They often show the editor of French Vogue.

Honored Contributor

Yes .... but they are knitting and crochet fashion magazines.  Some American and some European.  And, their corresponding websites.  

Other than that - lots of catalogs, and emails from everyone under the sun!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Not anymore, paper fashion mags are too old school for me.  And honestly, there's not much in them for real life people.  It's high end designer stuff for the young and thin.  I go Pinterst for fashion inspiration and I do get inspiration from the shopping channels.  I'm also a people watcher,  I take notice of how fashionable women style and accessortize.  I do buy a couple of the big Fall fashion magazines when they come out.  Although they aren't as "big" and fun as they were in past years.

Old school they may be, but when it comes to magazines there is nothing like the hard copy. I read books on a kindle, but never my mags !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Yes .... but they are knitting and crochet fashion magazines.  Some American and some European.  And, their corresponding websites.  

Other than that - lots of catalogs, and emails from everyone under the sun!

@ALRATIBA,I always enjoy what you post and thought you might get a smile out of my story.

When I was a first year teacher, I took a position in a small town in north Georgia.  Family Circle magazine's cover had a beautiful crochet jacket made out of yellow and blue granny squares.  My coworker said she would teach me to crocket and "help" me (later I learned my def. of help was different from hers!).  I must have made a million of those squares!

I put the jacket together wore it a few times and threw it away.  It was very heavy.  I was more than finished.

I admire anyone that has this skill.  I'll have to pass on this one!Smiley Happy