Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Tuck a Shirt Into Jeans - or is that a Dated Look?

On 4/27/2014 moonstone dunes said:

I do half-tuck with skinny jeans, front tucked in, back out. This look works best on me with a flowy fabric like silk or rayon. I have a couple tab sleeve shirts that work nice with this look...and a longer gold chain, like 36".

I love it! That's how I do it, too.

Respected Contributor

I do sometimes if I am wearing a pair of low rise jeans. I never would with jeans that hit at the waist. I do think that look is out dated.

Regular Contributor

The Half tuck, very much in style. All over the magazines, and shows. DG2--- on her last TSV- (sorry I don't remember what it is called on HSN) but her entire day she wore a half tucked top, so that she could show off the stitching of her jeans. They looked great. IMO the tuckers weight, needs to be considered when tucking is involved. Muffin top tuck, not a good look. My tucking days are gone at the moment. I agree a fabulous belt, jeans and a white button down shirt--- very stylish and sexy. Oh yeah and some rocking shoes too boot.

Regular Contributor

On 4/28/2014 terrier3 said:
On 4/28/2014 Josea922 said:

My DD and her friends are all rocking the half-tuck right now. But they are all 11-12 years old!

Do you ever read fashion mags?

Half tucked is very popular.

I'm sorry. Did I miss something? Where did I say it wasn't?

Frequent Contributor

I feel like tucking a shirt into jeans is only a good look if you're thin, otherwise there's a lot of additional bulk which isn't necessarily what people strive to have.

Super Contributor

On 4/28/2014 Sooner said:

If I wear something half tucked at my advanced age I just look like I forgot to finish the job. Tucked in is NEVER out of style.

Polos? Love them and wear them a lot in the summer. My husband almost always wears his tucked in, me, never! LL Bean and a few Land's end and even a few Talbots. I also have Polo dresses and they are wonderful!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

It's not about being thin. It's how you are built. I'm not thin, I'm a 16/18 but I have a flat stomach and a well defined waist. I usually tuck my shirts in and wear belt. I also wear shirts that fit well. Nothing oversized. If you are going to tuck a shirt in, it can't be blousy, bulky or oversized. You want a streamlined look.

Honored Contributor

I just don't see this as a look. Sorry, but it looks like you are just forgetful or sloppy.

I do half-tuck the little skirt on my bathing suit up under the bottoms on the sides so it won't flap around in the pool. Does that make me on trend? {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Super Contributor

It's only a dated look because women used to have smaller waists than they do today. If you have a nice waist and look good with your polo shirt tucked in, then by all means wear it that way. Smile

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Valued Contributor

I am not a tucker. Short waist and bigger bust and does me no favors.