Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Tuck a Shirt Into Jeans - or is that a Dated Look?

On 4/27/2014 kittymomNC said:

I've seen this half-tuck in the magazines and I've seen at least one Q host and a model use it. I know it's a fad now. Just curious, what do you all think about it? IMO, I think it might be okay for teens, young 20's, but I really think it just looks sloppy. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

To me, it looks like your shirt doesn't stay tucked in or you are just sloppy. But whatever floats your boat. It wouldn't bother me if someone else did it, it's just not my thing. I have seen it in ads but I honestly don't remember having seen anyone actually do it--certainly not in my circle of friends, but we are neither teens nor young 20-somethings.

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

I like to wear my blouses (not polo shirts) button-up blouses out with a V-neck over it.

I don't care a lot about if it's in style or not. However, according to all of the style magazines I get it is now 'stylish' to wear it in.

I don't know about polo shirts, I only see where blouses are in style to be tucked in.

Some celebrities put part of it in and part hanging out. I think they are trying to start something, but I think I do whatever I like.

Honored Contributor

I half tuck.

It looks cute with jeans and a t shirt.

Esteemed Contributor

I tuck. I wear western boots and a western belt. Not tucking would spoil the theme especially on a dance floor.

Honored Contributor

I prefer it untucked. Wear it however you feel the most comfortable. I don't think there's a wrong way.

Super Contributor

I would only tuck if you wear low-rise jeans. IMO it is extremely dated f you tuck into jeans that are up to the waist. I would also be more inclined to tuck a button down shirt or blouse as opposed to a polo, which I would wear out. Ultimately you should wear what you feel most comfortable in.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't tuck in a polo. If it's too short, can you wear a tank or a came underneath to give you some more length?

Esteemed Contributor

The hard truth: tucking will make you look older....kind of like "mom jeans." I agree with others, however, that say you should dress any way you want to.....do whatever makes you feel good.
Super Contributor

I do half-tuck with skinny jeans, front tucked in, back out. This look works best on me with a flowy fabric like silk or rayon. I have a couple tab sleeve shirts that work nice with this look...and a longer gold chain, like 36".