Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Sleep in Your Bra??

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

No.  Never knew it was a thing or heard of anyone doing so until hearing it on a shopping channel. 

@MarthaStewardess 

Many years ago, some famous lingerie company did magazine ads about this.  Supposedly, the woman had a gorgeous figure and her secret was  "because she wore a bra to bed".   I think it was Maidenform, but not sure.  

@Tinkrbl44  I remember the ad you're referencing.  I think it dates back to one of the years of the 1960s.  As for sleeping in a bra. I have always slept in a bra.  I don't wear the same bra every day same as I wouldn't wear the same panties, so my bras are cleaned daily or with the regular laundry.  Years ago I wore a mesh wireless bra by Lejaby or a cotton Hanro.  After Rhonda Shear came along with her Ahh Bras, I completely switched over to Rhonda for sleeping bras. My cups are a full rounded C, so I need a real support bra for daily wear when I go out, although I have worn the Ahh's out and they really do cover and shape my cups and give a natural, and somewhat lifted natural appearance.    

Valued Contributor

I am a 34G, and Yes, I sleep in a genie type step in bra at night. It keeps me from flopping around, and also some modesty since my adult son is living with us!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't stand wearing them. They come off the moment I'm inside the house. The bands are so restrictive I can't breathe when lying down. Sometimes I wear a tee shirt under my top just to avoid having to wear one. 

I have a friend that sleeps in one. Years ago, when we were in our twenties, she said she believed that sleeping in a bra would keep hers from getting saggy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, but I'm small-ish.

If I were larger, I'd probably wear a soft one with large, soft straps for support.

Some thin types of straps are frustrating, even for small-ish me.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

The only time I've worn a bra to bed was for a period of time after I'd had open heart surgery for a congenital defect in 1988.  For the 1st couple of weeks, I slept sort of half sitting up & propped against some pillows & when I was finally able to lay flat, my boobs pulled the incision apart where my sternum had been sawed down the middle & wired back together, so I wore a bra for awhile to support them to the front. 

Funny, I asked my elderly neighbor who'd recently had bypass surgery if this had been a problem from him & he just looked at my like I had 3 heads!  Duh, he didn't have boobs!  One thing we could agree on though was that it took awhile before things in there had healed sufficiently enough that either of us could sleep on our sides again.  Being a side-sleeper, I nearly cried when I was finally able to sleep on my side again.

Trusted Contributor

Yes. Have slept in a comfortable bra since high school. I got the advice from reading an interview with Marilyn Monroe in Life magazine!

Great advice, have worn one ever since then, even during the 60's. I shudder to think where "they'd" be if I hadn't.

Frequent Contributor

@Shanus   That sounds quite painful. I'm glad you're cancer free.

Trusted Contributor

OMG, No!!!!!  I can’t wait to rip the thing off!!!  I need freedom when I sleep.

Honored Contributor

I am very small busted, so yes I sleep in comfortable bras. I usually wear Calvin Klein invisibles. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Super Contributor

No because I'm small, I don't need to.