Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Sleep in Your Bra??

I didn’t use to but now I do.  My sleep patterns have changed where I’m up at weird times and I feel more comfortable in a bra.  I stick to cotton and never wear underwire. 

Respected Contributor

I wear underwire whenever I leave the house.  At home and while sleeping I wear these Fruit of the Loom cotton tank bras.  They are very soft and comfortable.  They do give a "uniboob" look though.  They provide enough support when I am at home or sleeping.  They come in a lot of colors and I usually size up.

934CDA58-722E-47DB-B051-4867FEDEBD71.jpeg

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Valued Contributor

Good God NO!  The first thing I want to do when I come home from somewhere is get that thing off.

Esteemed Contributor

I generally only wear camisoles with a shelf bra during the day and at night.  I could never sleep in an actual bra as I can barely wear one at all due to having breast surgery.   I actually still have some Genie bras I wear sometimes, remember those?  There are many of these types on the market now and for me they work well.

Respected Contributor

yes. i sleep in a lounge bra. 

Honored Contributor

@NewNickname1x1000 wrote:

Yes, but only after having a lumpectomy.  My breast surgeon told me to wear a sports bra due to swelling in that breast. Ahh Bra seems to work okay. Sometimes I find it uncomfortable though so every once in awhile I take a night off. Before that...never.

@NewNickname1x1000   So, I was going to say NEVER, but you reminded me of the entire year when I had my mastectomy, tissue expanders to form a pouch under the muscle and ready the area for reconstruction. What a process! I had weekly appointments to fill a port with  saline to increase the size of the expanders. Another surgery took the expanders out and replaced them with the implants. Then my surgeon constructed ni*ps as the last surgery at the end of the year and then in another procedure they were tatooed. So, a full year in a tight sport bra that snapped up the front AND loose button up shirts since most of the time I was instructed to restrict movement of my arms. 

What a long year, but no cancer before or since that I need to think about and thank God, no more painful  mammograms. 

Honored Contributor

While at home...never a bra. It's the first thing to go when I come home and next I kick off my shoes. 

Honored Contributor

No .....never have.

Esteemed Contributor

No but I did some as a young teen.  All the girls "heard" that if you slept with a bra, you would develop more....and faster so I had to try it out to see if it worked.  LOL!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Super Contributor

I have always worn a "bed bra", these are tanks that are comfortable and don't have any wires or closures and are not tight or constricting.  I like to have some support.  Years ago I read an article that doing this can help prevent sagging over time and honestly I can say it has.