Super Contributor

Re: Do You Remember Your First Q Forum Post?

[ Edited ]

What an interesting question. I really had to think about it in order to remember.

It was about 10 years ago. A group of ladies were posting about Dooney and Bourke handbags, and several posters got really upset because the posts about handbags were "ruining" the Fashion forum. It got so heated that the handbag ladies decided to start their own forum elsewhere, since they were so unwelcome here. I spoke up and said something like "Please don't leave, handbag ladies. I really enjoy reading your posts" They responded by asking me to join them. There are about seven or eight of us who still post together every day after all these years. The conversations have gone far beyond handbags by now, and we are all true friiends.

And now there is a dedicated handbag forum, and no one thinks it's weird at all . .lol

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jclark73 I absolutely remember the Dooney girls and how bummed out I was over their decision to post elsewhere.  Their enthusiasm for the bags was infectious. And you are right: today there is a dedicated forum.  I don't know why there have always been folks here who get irritated when people are enjoying themselves.  Such an interesting, random sample of the attitudes that people can bring to any gathering.

p.s. Please tell the Dooney girls I said 'hello'!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Islandgirl, I'll absolutely tell the Dooney girls you said hello. How fun that you remember.

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Trusted Contributor

Oh yes, I do - lol.

I was one of two people who posted the same topic: we wanted to know where Antonella got a beautiful top she was wearing on a jewelry presentation.

It was not a QVC top. Several helpfful posters came back with suggestions of what make it could be. I did some further lookups upwon their suggestions and although I did not find the exact top, I think they pegged the maker. (I don't recall now what it was as this was a few years ago).

Esteemed Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

Oh yes, I do - lol.

I was one of two people who posted the same topic: we wanted to know where Antonella got a beautiful top she was wearing on a jewelry presentation.

It was not a QVC top. Several helpfful posters came back with suggestions of what make it could be. I did some further lookups upwon their suggestions and although I did not find the exact top, I think they pegged the maker. (I don't recall now what it was as this was a few years ago).

@sandraskates@, that must have been before @lolakimono assumed her role on the fashion forum. She would have found it! Woman Wink

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

I lurked for a few years.  Then, a few months before the changeover meltdown, I saw a "dress" on Nordstrom's site that was so ugly, so unbelievable that I had to register and post it in @gardensla's thread about horrible fashions (we're now putting those pics along with funny snarky comments in @lolakimono's What the Heck is THIS thread).  It was a very expensive "dress" that looked like a big yellow square waffle with ugly red men's clodhopper shoes, I kid you not!!

Some of your posts reminded me that, the more things change, the more they remain the same LOL!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

my first post was in beauty and was a reply to someone asking if anyone had ever used la therapie beauty products.  we had just returned from a cruise to alaska and that's the brand that they used in the salon to give facials and naturally i had to buy every product they made.  i used them for several years. i stayed in the beauty forum for a long time before i ventured out to others.

Honored Contributor

I don't recall what my first post was about. Now I will wonder forever... lol

I do recall that I joined on Halloween...despite the fact that the date is now 11/1. 

Esteemed Contributor

Junya Watanabe Monofilament Mesh Dress

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Junya Watanabe Monofilament Mesh Dress

HA!  I see why this moved you to make your first post!