Honored Contributor

Do You Remember When Isaac Used to Show His Sketches?

I just thought about when Isaac used to sit at his desk and show his sketches. He used to talk about his clothes.

I remember he used to say why he designed this or that one way or another. Now I think it's just so cranked out he has little to do with any of it.

I own probably 3/4 of his sweaters (I like bright things). However, I doubt that he has much to do with any of the designs we see.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Remember When Isaac Used to Show His Sketches?

His items are cute but way overpriced. In my opinion the quality is just not there. You are better off going to Macys or Lord and Taylor when the have sales.
Super Contributor

I liked that too. Then he would give the drawing away to the caller. I liked the NY studio. My dream closet.

Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2014 darcy3 said:

I liked that too. Then he would give the drawing away to the caller. I liked the NY studio. My dream closet.

That was so kind of him. Miss it!

Honored Contributor

I do and I thought it was a nice touch. Had they kept it and done it occasionally rather than weekly, I think it would have been a good addition to the show. On a weekly basis, it sometimes seemed a little contrived...

I was thinking about when IM first started on Q and they had him as more or less of a 'lifestyle' vendor offering not just clothes and accessories but a whole line of for the home items. I guess that didn't go over so well or they'd still be doing it, but I sort of wish they'd kept elements of that too... I seem to remember he had throws and bedding, plates and other decorative items... Too bad because QVC's home decor department could use enhancement.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I was not watching QVC during that time apparently, but that sounds like a lot of fun. I love seeing Bob Mackie's sketches, but they only show them for a second and do not really let him talk much about designing. I only have two or three BM items, but like the idea that he actually drew the fabric design.
Esteemed Contributor

I loved that segment of his show and consider his sketches works of art. My husband's tailor has sketches like that in his storefront windows. The last time my husband had a couple of suits altered, I told him to ask his tailor how I might get a copy of one of his sketches.

Sadly, he told my husband to have me come and see him--but I never did. I am too shy or too proud to go begging!