Re: ๐Ÿ‘š๐Ÿ‘š Do You Love BOUTIQUES? ๐Ÿ‘š๐Ÿ‘š

@lolakimono

I'm in. Let's go on a field trip!

Honored Contributor

These can all be found through one site- shoptiques.com. Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

I loved boutiques when I was young and thin enough to pull the look off. I still like to see what the young people are wearing though.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

They always have pretty clothes, the boutiques, but, just for the young and thin.  I walk in and they blink.  LOL

@SharkE,The ones we have here have fantistic treasures and carry all sizes!  Come on over!

Esteemed Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

What we once called a ladies' clothing store is now called a boutique. A boutique was a small (expensive) specialty shop usually privately owned.

I was surprised to read when posters were referring to boutiques, they were talking about chain stores like JJill, Talbots, Chico's, Soft Surroundings.  To me Anthropologie and Sundance are boutiques but the other chains mentioned are clothing stores.

@muttmom  While true definitions can be confusing, I don't consider any of those stores--including Anthropologie and Sundance--boutiques.  

My interpretation of a boutique is best described as exclusivity.  In other words, small specialty shops in my neighborhood called boutiques will not be found in your neighborhood and vice versa.  

Honored Contributor

We have a lot of these in my area.  For all different things, home, fashion, accessories, beauty, food.

They are not welcoming though.  I'm not quite sure what they are looking for, but I am not their target client apparently.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I prefer Boutiques for the artistic designs of one of a kind jackets and tops to add to my neutral clothes. Most dept. stores & online sites seem to copy the lastest trends.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote:

@muttmom wrote:

What we once called a ladies' clothing store is now called a boutique. A boutique was a small (expensive) specialty shop usually privately owned.

I was surprised to read when posters were referring to boutiques, they were talking about chain stores like JJill, Talbots, Chico's, Soft Surroundings.  To me Anthropologie and Sundance are boutiques but the other chains mentioned are clothing stores.

@muttmom  While true definitions can be confusing, I don't consider any of those stores--including Anthropologie and Sundance--boutiques.  

My interpretation of a boutique is best described as exclusivity.  In other words, small specialty shops in my neighborhood called boutiques will not be found in your neighborhood and vice versa.  

I notice all the boutiques shown are decorated the same or have the same type displays.  We have a several in our area but they are very expensive.  You'll see different items but not in every size.  Mostly one of a kind.  The deco style is very vintage -- not stark and modern as shown in these photos.

Respected Contributor

i love boutiques and thank you for posting these @lolakimono

i love buying from them because you can find one of a kind clothing.  you don't see yourself coming and going.

i've shopped clothing in england and bought a pair of earrings in australia that i just had to have.

Esteemed Contributor

There are three boutiques in Oak Island, NC that I love and visit whenever we go.  There's one near my home, but I don't love it...prices high, quality low, owned by total snobs.   Yes, boutiques are fun, but I have to be careful to not buy all the oh-this-is-so-unusual pieces that are so unusual that I rarely wear them lol.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~