Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Like "Blanket Plaid"?

I wear a lot of flannel shirts and they come in a variety of plaids.    I love wearing them with coordinating layers.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

There is a difference in buffalo check and plaid of any kind.  Plaid is made up of several colors and check is usally two colors in a specific and very symmetrical fashion whereby plaid consists of more than 2 colors.  The buffalo check she presented is red and black but the blanket plaid on the other hand, that she presented below, is a real plaid.

@Nonametoday Yes, that's what I understand it to be.  Although that's not what I wrote.Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

I'm not crazy about wearing  the large plaid poncho or jacket but it makes an awesome throw.

Honored Contributor

Mad for plaid.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

No. Just not my look.
Honored Contributor

Yes, I have always like buffalo plaid.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

For the most part, I'm not a fan of Buffalo Plaid.  There will always be an exception or two but it's one of those...."I'll know it when I see it".

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

There is a difference in buffalo check and plaid of any kind.  Plaid is made up of several colors and check is usally two colors in a specific and very symmetrical fashion whereby plaid consists of more than 2 colors.  The buffalo check she presented is red and black but the blanket plaid on the other hand, that she presented below, is a real plaid.

@Nonametoday Yes, that's what I understand it to be.  Although that's not what I wrote.Woman Embarassed

@Sooner 

Not referring to your post!  LOL.  It was one which has been removed. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Count me as another "mad for plaid"  gal (never met a plaid I didn't like... well, maybe a few).  I have vintage all-wool red/black buffalo plaid coat from the late 80s which I love and still wear ... I've managed to accumulate  different variations of jackets and blazers over the years ...

... this year my latest is by Outerknown ...

Esteemed Contributor

I do in a few items. I also think it looks better on some people more than others. I bought a buffalo plaid jacket, and it looked like my brothers old hunting coat. I see other people wearing it, and they look fantastic in it.