Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Like "Blanket Plaid"?

Blanket plaid, Buffalo plaid.  I really don't like any of those big over the top plaids. 

Super Contributor

....love Ralph Lauren, so have to love plaid, especially black watch.

Honored Contributor

Yes, i do like there has been so many threads on these patterns, they are popular.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

There is a difference in buffalo check and plaid of any kind.  Plaid is made up of several colors and check is usally two colors in a specific and very symmetrical fashion whereby plaid consists of more than 2 colors.  The buffalo check she presented is red and black but the blanket plaid on the other hand, that she presented below, is a real plaid.

@Nonametoday Yes, that's what I understand it to be.  Although that's not what I wrote.Woman Embarassed

@Sooner 

Not referring to your post!  LOL.  It was one which has been removed. 

@Nonametoday No, I was just embarrased 'cause I know that!!!!!!  LOL!!!   Thanks for your kindness.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I was going to say I have buffalo plain in only flannel sheets and fleece throws.  So I double checked DH's bar and found one larger check in flannel.  I checked my bar and there was a fleece smaller check from Lee.  Do I dare go check the basement and upstairs closet for out of season clothes?  I'm wearing the Lee shirt the next time I go to town.

Trusted Contributor

I love plaid, but seldom wear it.  I recently bought the Denim Co buffalo plaid cardigan, in what I think is a beautiful chocolate & luggage combo.  I'm not very tall, but I think it looks nice on me.  Look forward to wearing it!

Honored Contributor

I prefer small to medium scale plaids. I have 2 button front plaid shirts that I like wearing this time of year. I have larger scale Buffalo check plaid throws on my furniture right now for fall and winter. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I prefer small to medium scale plaids. I have 2 button front plaid shirts that I like wearing this time of year. I have larger scale Buffalo check plaid throws on my furniture right now for fall and winter. 

@wilma  A few weeks ago you posted a picture w/a Tommy Hilfiger plaid button front; I loved it and bought it, wore it yesterday. Wanted to thank you for posting it!

Honored Contributor

I like it on blankets and I have a pair of warm PJs with buffalo plaid pants. It needs to be an appropriate size - not huge. 

I like other plaids, too, and they also need to be a medium size or small. Huge plaids don't really belong anywhere that I can think of.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@wilma wrote:

@wilma  A few weeks ago you posted a picture w/a Tommy Hilfiger plaid button front; I loved it and bought it, wore it yesterday. Wanted to thank you for posting it!

@Mj12 

Glad you were able to get one. Enjoy wearing it!