Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Like Your Spacer Bra?

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@151949

What's so awful about an underwear?! It's not like you feel them or even see them( assuming that you're wearing your proper size). some of us need them; they're quite supportive.

Sounds like somebody's falling for the uncomfortable bra sales pitch

I've never had children and thus do not have saggy breasts that I need to heave up with an underwire bra. The bras I do wear are made of cotton jersey , soft and comfortable, and give all the support I need. I'm not falling for anyones sales pitch , thank you. I simply know what I need and don't need.

@151949, you might not know this, @151949, but there are other reasons for non-perky breasts than having given birth. Some women are born with breasts that droop a bit.

In any case, does it really matter? If someone needs or prefers underwire bras, no need to disparage them with terms like "saggy" and "heave."

I personally don't know of any older woman that still has "perky" breasts unless they've had a little help or are very tiny. 

A large weightloss can also contribute to some sagging.  But even when I was young and perky, I always wore an underwire.  It just never bothered me.   

I guess I defy all your hypotheses.  I am not young and I am still perky. I don't like underwires because they are not comfortable. I lost a significant amount of weight over the last coup,e of years and I didn't sag. I just got smaller.  I can't wait to take my bra off when I get home.

Just goes to show why generalizations never work.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Like Your Spacer Bra (IF YOU OWN ONE)?

I've seen some actresses wearing dresses that I'm sure they thought they looked fabulous in sans bra and IMO, they were in desperate need of tape or something to hold those babies up.    

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis@Lipstickdiva@Ms tyrion2@shoesnbags@151949

Do you really mean that these heavy-looking foam bras are COOL and comfortable?

Somebody who wears them please tell me? It is a special foam?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I work out with weights to keep my arms from being flabby - the bonus is - breasts stay up where they belong.I've also never had children nor lost a ton of weight and those are very significant factors in where ones breasts will be when they are 68 years old.

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis - on sale at Nordstrom Anniversary sale

Chantelle Intimates Aeria Underwire Spacer Bra  

Sale: $51.90
After Sale: $78.00
Free shipping

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the "ripping off my bra" thing has to do with the breathability of the material as well as it being able to expand with you as the day goes on and you get puffy.

This Chantelle bra is the most comfortable underwire bra you will ever own. The engineering of Chantelle is what you are paying for. When you see the sides and how they are designed, you'll see why it's different from other bras. The best part is that the cups have elastic and expand and move with you. I wear this bra every day and when I fly across country, it is super comfortable.

Chantelle Rive Gauche Unlined Full Coverage Underwire Bra

Rive.jpg

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@itiswhatitis@Lipstickdiva@Ms tyrion2@shoesnbags@151949

Do you really mean that these heavy-looking foam bras are COOL and comfortable?

Somebody who wears them please tell me? It is a special foam?

@LTT1

I will tell you that I never considered these molded bras before.  I thought that because I was large, they would make me larger.

Honestly, they are incredibly comfortable.  The foam is soft and I don't have any issues with them being hot or or anything.

I became a fan late in life and they are really great when you need a plunging bra or a smooth bra for evening wear.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN