Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Like Your Spacer Bra (IF YOU OWN ONE)?

@QueenDanceALot

It certainly surprised me! I used to wear their bras all the time until I discovered a specific Calvin Klein model but then of course they discontinued it. This was a couple of years ago and I went back to Victoria Secret and picked up a very simple unembellished full coverage bra on sale. prior to that I had never had that experience

Esteemed Contributor

Here's another brand that makes the "Spacer Bra."

Fayreform Profile Perfect Contour Spacer Bra

Main

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

My 42C chest is quite large enough without wearing a bra with padding in it.

Honored Contributor

Chantelle is my go-to.  I have several Freya bras for working out.

I also have many bras (in many colors) so I can hand wash and hang dry and rotate them.

I rotate shoes but not for hygiene but for foot health.  Wearing the same show/same height isn't the greatest thing for my feet, so I mix it up.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Another bra designed by men, Im sure.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Like Your Spacer Bra?

@Andreatoo wrote:

@chrystaltree

If you're referring to the silly sales pitches by Ahh bra and the like I totally agree with you! I've never gotten home from work and said "oh my! I need to rip off my bra right now!" LOL I don't wear bras that are uncomfortable.

That Fruit of the Loom bra looks like the style that I like. Full coverage. Simple.

But since 'spacer' apparently refers to the padding I will never own one

I always laugh at those presentations.  I thought maybe it's because I'm not well-endowed that I don't have that issue.  LOL  But my real thought was if you have the feeling of needing to race home and get your bra off, either there is some kind of medical problem or you need to buy different bras.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@151949

What's so awful about an underwear?! It's not like you feel them or even see them( assuming that you're wearing your proper size). some of us need them; they're quite supportive.

Sounds like somebody's falling for the uncomfortable bra sales pitch

I've never had children and thus do not have saggy breasts that I need to heave up with an underwire bra. The bras I do wear are made of cotton jersey , soft and comfortable, and give all the support I need. I'm not falling for anyones sales pitch , thank you. I simply know what I need and don't need.

You might not know this, @151949, but there are other reasons for non-perky breasts than having given birth. Some women are born with breasts that droop a bit.

In any case, does it really matter? If someone needs or prefers underwire bras, no need to disparage them with terms like "saggy" and "heave."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@151949

What's so awful about an underwear?! It's not like you feel them or even see them( assuming that you're wearing your proper size). some of us need them; they're quite supportive.

I've never had children and thus do not have saggy breasts that I need to heave up with an underwire bra. The bras I do wear are made of cotton jersey , soft and comfortable, and give all the support I need. I'm not falling for anyones sales pitch , thank you. I simply know what I need and don't need.

@151949, you might not know this, @151949, but there are other reasons for non-perky breasts than having given birth. Some women are born with breasts that droop a bit.

In any case, does it really matter? If someone needs or prefers underwire bras, no need to disparage them with terms like "saggy" and "heave."

I personally don't know of any older woman that still has "perky" breasts unless they've had a little help or are very tiny. 

A large weightloss can also contribute to some sagging.  But even when I was young and perky, I always wore an underwire.  It just never bothered me.   

Honored Contributor

Simply explaining why I don't need nor wear an underwire.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@151949

@151949, you might not know this, @151949, but there are other reasons for non-perky breasts than having given birth. Some women are born with breasts that droop a bit.

I personally don't know of any older woman that still has "perky" breasts unless they've had a little help or are very tiny. 

A large weightloss can also contribute to some sagging.  But even when I was young and perky, I always wore an underwire.  It just never bothered me.   

@Lipstickdiva

You hit the nail on the head!  I'm older (old!), but the A cups are still "perky".   At least some good came from being small-chested lol.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett