Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Like To Shop At Ann Taylor?

[ Edited ]

No - their "cut" doesn't work for my body type.  Too narrow through the shoulders, too short waisted.

I shop at Chico's a lot ... no comparison to Ann Taylor.  Chico's clothes fit me!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree that there's no comparison to Chico's. two entirely different styles of clothing. I personally prefer Ann Taylor I just can't always afford it

I'll take that back. There's some good sales going on right now!

Frequent Contributor

I used to shop at Ann Taylor all the time when I dressed up more for work.  Blazers, skirts, slacks ... they were very nice quality, fully lined, classic styles with slightly more modern tailoring.  I am petite and I could always find what I wanted there when I couldn't in other stores.  In recent years, my dress code has been more casual/business casual so I haven't had the need to shop there but I kind of miss it.  I still have a few AT blazers from 15 yrs ago that have held up very well.  They're just a lot tighter fitting now.  boohoo

Honored Contributor

I did find a cute pair of tassel-type earrings there this season and one top.  I don't usually shop there, but I do own a few items.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I did find a cute pair of tassel-type earrings there this season and one top.  I don't usually shop there, but I do own a few items.

@winamac1,I went in the outlet store the other day and was never approached even though there was only one shopper there.  I walked all around, (very little stock, a lot of floor).  It was obvious that I was looking, and ignored.  When I passed the two behind the registure next to the door, nothing was said even though I smiled.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

Are you sure that you weren't actually in the Ulta on Biscayne Boulevard? LOL

Esteemed Contributor

THere is a Ann Taylor in the same shopping center that has the Talbots that I work at.  AT does not carry Plus size clothes so I have never shopped there but recently I was looking for a piece of costume jewelry that I had not been able to find so I decided to take a look at what they might have.  I went in during the week before lunch.  I was the only customer in the store.  ONe sales person at the counter at the back of the store.  He never spoke to me, never approached me or offered to help.  THat would never pass muster at the Talbots I work,at.  I saw some nice clothing pieces but the service is pitiful.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ECBG

Are you sure that you weren't actually in the Ulta on Biscayne Boulevard? LOL

@AndreatooSmiley Happy Yes, thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

I shopped at AT and AT Loft a lot years ago.  My go to stores.  Not so much anymore.  Matter of fact, I haven't shopped them in years.

The new boutique store for me is White House Black Market.  I like their sales.  

*Call Tyrone*
Trusted Contributor

I don't think I've bought a thing at Ann Taylor or Loft. No clothes, no jewelry, no accessories, nothing.

It wasn't for lack of trying; I just didn't like how their clothes looked on me.

I can say the same for Banana Republic, Chico's and Coldwater Creek. Yet for many of my co-workers - clothing and accessories from those stores looked fabulous on them.