Honored Contributor

Do You Like To Shop At Ann Taylor?

We lost our store here in the mall possibly twenty years ago so I have not kept up with them at all.  When posters talk about where they shop, I don't hear this store mentioned.

They have some pretty prints on line.  Do you find them to be similar to Chicos?  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Like To Shop At Ann Taylor?

I used to buy a lot at Ann Taylor and Loft.  They are good for business clothes.  Better fit than Chicos, for my body, anyway.  I'm petite, and almost everything Chicos swims on me.  Size "0" isn't small enough, and they don't have enough tailoring.  That said, I've stayed away from Ann Taylor and Loft for many years because too many tops shrank, even when washed in cold water.  Non-cotton items were okay.  But that was a turn-off for me.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG. ITA w/ @ItsME. I find Chico's is way too big on me and I do look better in closer to the body fitted styles. Ann Taylor would be OK if I were a lawyer, banker, etc. I think I've only found a few pr. of petite slacks over the years...women's capris (if I don't want to tailor) are the perfect length ankle pant. 

Ann Taylor blazers & tops are a little too "business" for my taste. 

Honored Contributor

Years ago, it was my sister's go to store.  Occasionally I'd go with her, but wasn't a fan of the store.  It wasn't my style.

Frequent Contributor

Ann Taylor's took a HUGE nose dive since 2006!  SO disappointing. They used to be where I could find lots of great casual & business clothes. You could find an assortment of cotton tees, v-necks, in lots of great colors along with other cute tops. Now, it's just synthetics and horrible prints! Hate Ann Taylor now. There is NO place to shop anymore. Banana Republic, boring 2 the max. Nordstrom, don't find much there. Chicos, I never went there. My mom did.

Honored Contributor

I might have, 20 or25 years ago  when "work clothes" meant something different than what they mean now. 

Honored Contributor

I shopped at Ann Taylor when I was in my 20's.  I am not sure what happened but I stopped shopping there.  Chico's is not my style.  I prefer JJill.  I have to say, I love JJill's pima cotton tees.  I only purchase tops, sweaters and an occasional jacket from jJill.  I never liked the fit of their pants but maybe that changed.  However, JJill has great sales.  Cat Very Happy  I just bought a pima cotton tee for 30% off in lavender and a white tee that only cost me $13.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Contributor

I used to shop at AT a lot for work clothes.  They closed all the stores here a few years ago; I no longer shop there.

Honored Contributor

5 plus years ago I could walk into AT and get what I needed....outfits for special dinners, office to-do's, funerals, etc.  Then nothing suited my style.  Then, Macy's....lately White House Black Market...change in times and I am older.......I always got excellent service....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

Love Ann Taylor/ Loft, we've never had one where we live, but, anytime I came across a Ann Taylor store, had to go check them out. But, its been a few years since I've come across there store.