Re: Do You Like This Wedding Dress?

I don't like it at all.

Respected Contributor

I think it looks like a tablecloth.

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

It’s stunning. So classic and timeless. Finally something that isn’t strapless, mermaid, plunging neckline, etc. Just a simple, beautiful gown and veil. I hope she starts a trend.😊

@grandma petes

That's exactly where I was headed! LOL I am sick to death of the strapless trend! Even if it's not quite my taste it's a refreshing change for sure

Honored Contributor

I love the long sleeved lace dress.  I'd wear that, for sure.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Definitely a copy of the  style and fabric of the late 60's. The lace of the of her veil is exactly like the trim of so many veils on tulle.

The bride gives the peace sign as a reminder of the time she represents.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd I can't find the price but it's Jenny Packham Spring 2017 bridal collection. Isn't it gorgeous? If you Google that collection it's just a feast for the eyes. There's even a similar looking sage green and rose pink embroidered gown. Never seen anything like it.

David's Bridal also has a Jenny Packham collection.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

No. Between the overall lace and the pattern - kinda busy looking. Not too thrilled with the high neckline and long sleeves together either... a bit too much fabric or something.

I do not like the idea of cleavage all over the place for a wedding  gown though, so please don't get me wrong on that point.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I think a flower veil would look pretty with the original dress. Maybe daisies to look more 60's? Like this one only with daisies.

I assume perhaps she wore her mother's veil, and I think that's a special thing to do.

8fe6c2b3d40d02c8f2bb8d7be6d9a901.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

I think the style of both her dress and veil work well with her body shape and look great on her. I'm not too keen on the dress and the veil being very noticeably different colors. I love the vintage style and IMO she wows in it. 

I wouldn't look great in that dress. I tried on a few different styles and hands down the one that looked best on me was a fit and flare. I have an hourglass figure with a 32DD chest, 27" waist and a 40" hips. I would look huge with a neckline all the way to my neck. So, while many brides do strapless, at least for me that is what I wowed in and my DH asked for a sexy dress. 

But I do understand that it's a bit overdone. It may be that many brides opt to do strapless when they would look better in something else but that IMO doesn't mean all brides should avoid them. For some of us, that is the style that works for our body shape and what our DH's want to see.  

~Live with Intention~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a fan of the vintage dress.  That lace is too busy for my taste.  I do love the long veil and the style of the gown was very pretty.

I love the second gown!