Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Like Skirts That Have Sheer Bottoms?

To save a lot of words for later, my answer is a very big NO!

Honored Contributor

The OP's version absolutely not.

I've seen some others that I like though.   

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I'm not a fan of skirts like the one in the OP; however, I do have some skirts that are about knee length with a mesh overlay that reaches about 1-2 inches below the lining.  I think those can be quite pretty and feminine as some of the overlays provide floral or geometric details.  I don't own these, but they're similar to what I mean:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

These skirts are really cute. I like an inch or two of sheer at the bottom. It's a very summery and sexy look.

The OP example is too extreme

Esteemed Contributor

A couple of my skirts are from Dillard's by Gianni Bini who does a lot with mesh overlays and linings.  I also have this Gianni Bini dress that has a similar effect:

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

an inch or 2 is fine.

the dramatic foot and half or more; not so much. and they're doing it with pants too!

Respected Contributor

I don't like the OP's photo at all.

Like others have said, if it's an inch or two, it's okay.  I do like a sheer overlay too.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I'm not a fan of skirts like the one in the OP; however, I do have some skirts that are about knee length with a mesh overlay that reaches about 1-2 inches below the lining.  I think those can be quite pretty and feminine as some of the overlays provide floral or geometric details.  I don't own these, but they're similar to what I mean:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks for posting.  Theses are very pretty.  The first time I noticed a sheer bottom was with One World dresses.  I have several of them where just the bottom is sheer.  They are very nice and feminine looking.  I do like the idea of sheer hem lines on some pieces.  Really like the skirts you posted.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I really dislike this style.  With the legs exposed, they seem to come forward and the design of the skirt is just in the background.

Also the bootie look reminds me of when wore garters.  To me it isn't attractive.

Image result for straight skirt with sheer legs

This looks like part of a Halloween costume.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

A couple of my skirts are from Dillard's by Gianni Bini who does a lot with mesh overlays and linings.  I also have this Gianni Bini dress that has a similar effect:

image.jpeg

@wildcat fan This dress is gorgeous!

Respected Contributor

I love @wildcat fan's examples and could definitely see myself in one of those.  As for the more exaggerated skirt from the OP -- not my personal style but I have several young ladies in my own family who could put a great look together with it.