Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Like Skirts That Have Sheer Bottoms?

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

A couple of my skirts are from Dillard's by Gianni Bini who does a lot with mesh overlays and linings.  I also have this Gianni Bini dress that has a similar effect:

image.jpeg

@wildcat fan This dress is gorgeous!

@Caaareful Shopper Thanks!  😊  I think it's much prettier in person.  It also comes in red and black, but after considering where I would be wearing it I decided to go with the blush.  

Respected Contributor

Too funny!

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I'm not a fan of skirts like the one in the OP; however, I do have some skirts that are about knee length with a mesh overlay that reaches about 1-2 inches below the lining.  I think those can be quite pretty and feminine as some of the overlays provide floral or geometric details.  I don't own these, but they're similar to what I mean:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

These are really pretty!

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

A couple of my skirts are from Dillard's by Gianni Bini who does a lot with mesh overlays and linings.  I also have this Gianni Bini dress that has a similar effect:

image.jpeg

Beautiful!

Respected Contributor

The pink dress is gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I'm not a fan of skirts like the one in the OP; however, I do have some skirts that are about knee length with a mesh overlay that reaches about 1-2 inches below the lining.  I think those can be quite pretty and feminine as some of the overlays provide floral or geometric details.  I don't own these, but they're similar to what I mean:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

@wildcat fan,That's very pretty.  Sheer fabrics are supposed to be hemmed like that.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

image.jpeg

Beautiful!

@wildcat fan,Beautiful and very tasteful!

Honored Contributor

No.