Honored Contributor

Ponchos are really having a moment. I like ponchos as long as it isn't super cold and have several lighter weight ones as well as two heavy ones.

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

Trusted Contributor

These pictures make the poncho look stylish.

In real life, most women, when wearing a poncho, look like they are wearing a small blanket and it makes them appear larger than their actual size.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Like Ponchos?

[ Edited ]

Not these they are too long. 

When I was a teenager I had a navy poncho that you could wear open or button it shut. It had long sleeves with some fringe at the bottom of the sleeves & poncho with gold buttons. I really liked it. The fabic was navy with some lighter shades of blue with some red in it. It was about thigh length.

Mine was similar to this one.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chicagosuburbangirl 

I agree with you.  I'm tall but cannot wear a poncho without ending up in a fighting match with the fabric.

@ECBG 

Don't hate me, but when I see a striped poncho, like the first one, I hear the music from "For a Few Dollars More."

My exhusband used to smoke those little twisted ciggies, but....he didn't look like Clint Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have more than I can wear in a single season ... but I agree with @Nightowlz that these are too long.

I was in my doctor's office and saw a petite woman rocking that Burberry print, but in a shorter version.  May have to be on the lookout for that one, although I'd rather it be a cape style.

Honored Contributor

Born and raised in Ohio I always thought they were silly because they were not warm enough.

Now living in NC they are good for a winter coat here.  Unless its really windy.

I like some of them.  The bottom picture poncho I do not like.  The others are ok.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

These pictures make the poncho look stylish.

In real life, most women, when wearing a poncho, look like they are wearing a small blanket and it makes them appear larger than their actual size.

@Chicagosuburbangirl   You know, that doesn't bother me.  I am the size I am, could lose some weight, everybody knows that, so I am not so worried about that.

I like them because they are cozy, easy to throw on, comfortable to wear and drive in, and not really bulky. 

Honored Contributor

Years ago I made a zip up poncho out of some nice washable plaid navy wool fabric.  I  wore it as my only winter coat for years when I lived in Houston.  When I finally donated it, it looked like it did the day I made it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I’m short and they overwhelm me, so no.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

I purposely buy chunky sweaters and turtlenecks,  to go under mine ... and wear them until about mid-to-late December ... before the deep freeze settles in.

I really love my collection, gathered over the years.   And it's almost time to start wearing them ... yay!