Honored Contributor

Not for me.  I did however have a suede fringed one when I was in high school and thought it was pretty cool! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

80462B6C-D376-41E3-9254-DB0F33FF0565.pngI have this one from Donna Salyers . It doubles as a throw 😉 on winter nights !

Esteemed Contributor

That brown taupe one is gorgeous. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@SoX , Oh my!  You have these?  Lovely!  Adore that first one with embrodery!Smiley Happy

@ECBG 

Oh, I have many more ... some go back 15-20 years.   I'm an avid collector.  Some of my favorites are of Southwest designs ... 

Honored Contributor

I think I like them best on other people.  I've tried them once or twice in the last 5 years and found the experience frustrating. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I like the taupe/brown plaid poncho but don't think I'd wear any of the other styles. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

I own a poncho I purchased in Macy's a very long time ago. It is blue plaid design and has a lining and it closes with the right side overlapping the left with three buttons. I still wear it and get compliments on it.

Trusted Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor
I've tried them on in various stores, they just don't work for me. Some are very pretty, and I see other people wearing them and looking very stylish, I just look sloppy.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Mombo1 wrote:

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

These pictures make the poncho look stylish.

In real life, most women, when wearing a poncho, look like they are wearing a small blanket and it makes them appear larger than their actual size.

Because I am petite...ponchos don’t look good on me...It’s just too much fabric for me to handle.  I tried one on recently and it looked like I was wearing my bedspread.  Definitely not a good look.   

@Mombo1 Can you wear this type or is it still overwhelming?

We sell a lot of this size to petites.

I have to be careful at 5' 6" although my shoes give me another 2 1/2 inches.Smiley Happy

I would really consider this one.  Love the angle of the fabric and the neckline.  Thank you ECBG.  Where is this one sold ?

These are readily available.  The Talbots outlet had solid navy (S/M or L/XL), pretty much sold out, (cotton by the way); then came red with navy stripes on the lower right third edge forming a slight diagonial (my pick), light olive, and camel.  $8.00 shipping.

These are light enough to wear as a cartigan, but slightly warmer since they dont open in the center front.

You can google image then go to each site until you find what you want.