Honored Contributor

Not a fan of having to remove outwear over my head when I get where I'm going.  So not a fan of ponchos.

Trusted Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

These pictures make the poncho look stylish.

In real life, most women, when wearing a poncho, look like they are wearing a small blanket and it makes them appear larger than their actual size.

Because I am petite...ponchos don’t look good on me...It’s just too much fabric for me to handle.  I tried one on recently and it looked like I was wearing my bedspread.  Definitely not a good look.   

Esteemed Contributor

I like the Barefoot Dreams ponchos I own:

https://www.qvc.com/Barefoot-Dreams-Cozychic-Boat-Neck-Poncho.product.A280201.html?sc=SRCH

There is just enough asymmetry to make them interesting when worn.  They're really comfortable and honestly, people often comment that they like them.  Warm and great for travel, they are.

None of the nonsense in how some of the models are wearing them, for me (if you looked at the video) - they are best worn as the vendor is wearing it, IMO.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Like Ponchos?

[ Edited ]

(thread title)

@ECBG 

I loved my Poncho when serving in the Army. Out on week long bivouacs, they sure made it "a bit" better, in the usually inclement weather. I think the Officers planned it that way.

=^..^=

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

In real life, most women, when wearing a poncho, look like they are wearing a small blanket and it makes them appear larger than their actual size.

Because I am petite...ponchos don’t look good on me...It’s just too much fabric for me to handle.  I tried one on recently and it looked like I was wearing my bedspread.  Definitely not a good look.   

@Mombo1 Can you wear this type or is it still overwhelming?

We sell a lot of this size to petites.

I have to be careful at 5' 6" although my shoes give me another 2 1/2 inches.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I like the appearance of them, but they are just too cumbersome for me. I am usually sporting a handbag/tote and 2 bags of groceries and I simply can't function in a poncho or a cape.

But speaking of handbags I love this little number. Of course since the poncho is Burberry, the handbag is probably out of my desired price point.

4af54fffe6cc0e550af618eeed66095538d7788e.jpg

Honored Contributor

Love this one from Peruvian Connection!

Let's Explore The World Together. The New Winter Collection.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Born and raised in Ohio I always thought they were silly because they were not warm enough.

Now living in NC they are good for a winter coat here.  Unless its really windy.

I like some of them.  The bottom picture poncho I do not like.  The others are ok.

@Imaoldhippie How many hours are you from me?  Are you in the eastern part of the state?

Respected Contributor

I love ponchos and why would I care what a stranger thinks is going on underneath it?

I love myself more than some judgmental strangers biased opinion.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz Totally agree with you.  If I wear a poncho to the grocery store, it definately has to be an over the head , lighter weight in the fall, mid weight later.  Usually, I wish I had a blanket around me when doing grocery store.  I've always been cold natured.