Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Like Colored Jackets?

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG  I love a colored jacket...especially a blue based red. Colored jackets (tweeds and boucle) are my favorites. I'm not fond of colored leather. Just brown, natural tan or black for me. 

@Shanus

I agree with you.

I do not care for jackets with multiple zippers and belts. Moto jackets are not something I'd be attracted to. 

Honored Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG  I love a colored jacket...especially a blue based red. Colored jackets (tweeds and boucle) are my favorites. I'm not fond of colored leather. Just brown, natural tan or black for me. 

@Shanus

I agree with you.

I do not care for jackets with multiple zippers and belts. Moto jackets are not something I'd be attracted to. 

@muttmom  Oh, I love my black leather motor jackets!!!! 

Honored Contributor

I have both neutrals and colors in my jacket wardrobe. I own jackets, blazers, and coats in these colors: black, navy, dark denim, camel, dark brown, red, dark purple, bright teal, ivory, olive, and dark wine. If I am wearing a print or bold color in my top with a neutral bottom, I wear a neutral jacket color that won't clash with my top. If my total outfit is more tonal then I can wear a more colorful jacket. I have a few print items that coordinate well with a colorful jacket because of a common color. 

Esteemed Contributor

No, not usually.  And if I get one I never match to my pants exactly.  I just don't want to be in light bright colors from top to bottom. For me any jacket ... with patterned top and then plain bottom is okay.  But I do not tend to want to stand out in a bright and light way.  Or as in the picture red jacket and black on black rest of it is more my style.