Honored Contributor

Do You Know The "Store Brands" Where You Shop? (Fashion)

[ Edited ]

What are they?

I surely do.  I also steer clear of store brands because in only one case, Dillards, I have found store brands to be lesser quality in terms of nice fabrics, buttons, zippers, and durability.

Dillards has Antonio Melani and G. Bioni and they're very good quality.  You'll have them for years.

At Belk It's Kim, Crown and Ivy, New Directions, and men Red Camel.  These items fade after one season and pill.

When a store has silk blouses for $70.00, I'm skeptical that it will look good after the first wearing.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Know The "Store Brands" Where You Shop? (Fashion)

How do you feel about grocery  store Brands? I always  buy grocery  store brands, except  butter. I love good butter.

Honored Contributor

I tend to buy store brands at the supermarket..............

For clothing...........I'll take anything that fits.   (I'm short, but have very broad shoulders.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I'm very big on Denim &  Co.   Does that count? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Well since JCP dresses me head to toe, I've spent over 35 years wearing 'store' brands.  No problems yet.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I typically don't buy store brands.  I used to buy a store brand at Dillards, but it's not one that's listed.  I can't remember what it was.  I'm no longer near a Dillards, so I don't shop there anymore.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I typically don't buy store brands.  I used to buy a store brand at Dillards, but it's not one that's listed.  I can't remember what it was.  I'm no longer near a Dillards, so I don't shop there anymore.

@GCR18Westbound or Investments?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am totally hooked on Bryn Walker which, I believe, is now totally Dillard's brand.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

@GCR18Westbound or Investments?

@ECBG definitely not investments.  I'm not sure about westbound.  It sounds a little familiar.  I'll have to look in the closet.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

What are they?

I surely do.  I also steer clear of store brands because in only one case, Dillards, I have found store brands to be lesser quality in terms of nice fabrics, buttons, zippers, and durability.

Dillards has Antonio Melani and G. Bioni and they're very good quality.  You'll have them for years.

At Belk It's Kim, Crown and Ivy, New Directions, and men Red Camel.  These items fade after one season and pill.

When a store has silk blouses for $70.00, I'm skeptical that it will look good after the first wearing.

Well yeah!

Macy's has a couple "Style and Co." as well as INC, International Concepts and I have purchased both.

Nieman Marcus has its Nieman Marcus line (I purchased a coat from them several winters ago)

Nordstrom's has "Nordstrom's for men and women (Cashmere this year) all though I only own their wool socks and some tights.

JC Penney's Worthington is ok as well.

*Call Tyrone*