Honored Contributor

Do You Know Of A "Stingy" Shopping Site?

Some sites offer a discount every few days while some only give you a notification of a markdown.

I've been shopping this afternoon, and have looked up discounts for these sites.  Coupons often appear on their monthly catalogs and many don't send the glossy 20-30 pg. catalogs with coupons out anymore.

Dillards will only do discounts on clearence at a certain time at the end of some months.

Chicos is very stingy with coupons.  Consumers showed them the items will sell.

Soft Surroundings:  Very few discounts.  Care to take your chance with what gets left on clearence?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Know Of A "Stingy" Shopping Site?

I'm not interested in purchasing any cheap, shop worn junk. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'm not interested in purchasing any cheap, shop worn junk. 

@Kachina624 

Thank you.  Wondering of new merchandise shopping sites similar to the sites I already named.

Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I have always thought that LLBean is stingy with their discounts, which they just don't offer too often. When they do, it is only like 10% or maybe 20% for a limited time. I guess they have such a loyal customer base, they don't feel like they need to offer deep discounts or sales. I don't begrudge them for that decision; more power to them I guess.

Honored Contributor

To me those that offer coupons, discounts, etc are sites I try to stay away from because if they offer them frequently why don't they just lower prices and quit making customers jump through hoops to get a discount?.  I do not fall for that.  It says that company will do that just to trick customers to purchase thinking they are getting a good buy because their regular prices are so inflated!

Honored Contributor

Some sites never give you a mark down, a sale, nothing.  Citizens of Humanity who only goes on it's reputation has never never had a sale.  Nothing.  Everything is full price, though unlike other places (that offer sales) they don't increase their prices as much.  Even when they are on other sites (Shopbop, etc) they are always the same price.  In the rare cases that it happens, that place has to have an agreement with Citizens. I've never seen it myself.  I have their email in the hopes they will, but they never do.

Honored Contributor

@Pook 

I haven't seen the price of a product raised so a coupon could be used; in a store all of the tickets would have to be reprinted.  I know what price I have seen online for an item and personally haven't seen them move.

Do you have a particular site in mind?

Respected Contributor

Fragrance and jewelry sites raise prices so they can then lower them.  In reality, the price is always the same.

Honored Contributor

I have received a couple of nice pieces on sale but for the most part Sundance is stingy as heck! LOL

Ann Taylor, on the other hand, has been hurt by Covid and have been practically giving things away

Honored Contributor

I thnk Chico's is generous with their discounts.  I get emails regularly (probably once a week). 

I shop online with them frequently and it's been a couple of years since the last time I purchased anything at full price.  

And - the merchandise is always brand new.