Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Know Of A "Stingy" Shopping Site?

@Andreatoo 

Current Chico's catalog is featuring cargo shorts - looks like solids and prints.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I worked in retail in high school and college.  When items went on sale, we drew a line through the retail and wrote the sale price in red ink.  Once an item was on sale, the price could never be raised again. (Occasionally we did catch customers discounting their purchases by using their own red pen.)

Today most retail is never marked down, rather " % signs off" are posted.  That way it is easy to return the item to its original sale price.

Chicos is famous for playing with prices.  Currently there are items on their website I purchased last year at a lower price. One day the item will be on sale for $19.99, then 2 days later it will be $69.99.  They play tricks with items ending in .98 and .99.  One day all the .98 items will be on sale.  The next day, that same item will end in .99. At least Chicos does give a 5% discount and free shipping to Passport members. Every day I receive an email from Chicos and Coach advertising some sort of sale.

I haven't experienced in store retail since 3/20 so I do not know what is true today. 

If we are talking stingy shopping sites, QVC ranks right up there.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Andreatoo 

Current Chico's catalog is featuring cargo shorts - looks like solids and prints.  

@ALRATIBA 

Thank you for thinking of me! I found some really good ones on Amazon that have the wider leg that I like plus I'm not real fond of showing off my knees! LOL

Trusted Contributor

I’ve been looking at a dress on northstyle.com But won’t buy for $70 at full price. I keep getting their emails, but so far they have never offered any discounts whatsoever, only free shipping.
White house black market hasn’t been offering any coupon codes for the past few months which is not the norm for them. Not sure what’s going on with them