Honored Contributor

Do You Have A Site Where You Often Leave Things In A Cart?

Do you have a site you love to visit and put what you like in a cart so you can watch it instead of a "Wish List"?

Some sites will notify you of a lower price!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Have A Site Where You Often Leave Things In A Cart?

Amazon! (and then I hit "save for later") and I used to do that with Talbots, too ( but not lately).

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I've done it on many sites, because it's something I'm considering or want to see if any markdowns happen before I've finished whatever it is I'm looking for.

One mistake people make, though, is thinking that if they put something in a cart, that action "holds" it for them, and that's not true.  You can have something sitting in a cart for days and someone else can still buy that piece from right under your nose.  

The item is only yours when the transaction occurs.  

Back to the original question:  Yes.  lol.    Woman LOL   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't put items in a cart until I'm ready to buy.  HSN will notify me if an item in my "favorites" list has been reduced or is close to a sell out.  I have items in my Macy's "save for later" list. 

I think ShopHQ will remove items from the cart after a period of time. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG Yes definitely.  I do it often.  I like to 'think' about my purchases a lot of the time.  So I put things in a cart and will revisit and possibly edit the cart, color, items, etc.  Maybe if I'm thinking of a gift for someone I'll add things in a cart and decide what to do some other time.  I hate those webistes that delete your cart automatically.  so frustrating.  

Honored Contributor

Amazon !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Amazon....

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, several.  Amazon, of course.  Also at Lands End I leave it in the cart until I get a free shipping email, which happens about every other week or so. 

On Ebay I've found that putting an item on Watch List often results in an email offering a few dollars off on that item. This is the Buy it Now items - the only kind I'm interested in.  I don't like the bidding stuff where there are too many games involved.  Just tell me the price and I'll decide if I want it or not. But getting a few more dollars off the original price will often make me pull the trigger and buy.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

No.....for whatever reason I've never done this and will only add something to my cart when I'm actually going to purchase it.  I knew Amazon had some sort of a wish list or shopping list but I've never investigated how to do that because I don't even remember you can do that.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

No.....for whatever reason I've never done this and will only add something to my cart when I'm actually going to purchase it.  I knew Amazon had some sort of a wish list or shopping list but I've never investigated how to do that because I don't even remember you can do that.  

@shoptilyadropagain 

On amazon, If I decide not to buy an item, you can click on "Save For Later" and the item goes in a list shown below your open cart.  You are not guaranteed the item, but you don't have to find it again.