Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Do Two Piece Swimsuits?

@2zbeach wrote:

I love Land’s End mix and match beach living separates.  I do tankini tops and either shorts or swim minis. I have a collection going!  I already bought 2 new tops for the upcoming season! Anyone else?

I love 'em too - have a bunch to mix and match.  Have to check out this year's collection.

I love a one piece but I'm much bigger on top than bottom so they don't work for me.

Honored Contributor

I quit wearing a 1 piece as a child, looks cute on a little girl or someone with a perfectly proportioned figure.

I'm short waisted, I look much better in a 2 piece.

I've have about a half dozen tummy surgeries and prefer more coverage on the bottom half.    I like A364926 but the waistline looks skimpy, would love for it to be more substantial.

I like a busy top, ruffles and colors are good.

I wear halter tops, my shoulders are narrow.

Also much easier to get on & off in the restroom.

I don't care what I look like in a bathing suit.   No matter where I go, there is at least someone who looks worse & they don't care either!

Respected Contributor

I wear tankinis. Much easier to deal with when I need to use the restroom at the beach.  I haven't seen any bathing suits shown on QVC that I would wear though. Very unflattering to a woman with the bad prints and tiered ruffles, etc.  I usually go to B&M stores or Venus catalog.

Honored Contributor

I wear tankinis with a skirted bottom.  My stomach is fully covered though.  I am slim but at my age (62) I would never wear a bikini.  That's just me though, not being critical of anyone else.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I'm just going to be hanging out at the boat dock, around the pool, on our boat, etc. I prefer a tankini.  They are much easier to deal with when I have to use the restroom.  A one piece is a total PITA when I have a cover-up on because everything has to come off. I wear a full cut bottom.  No shorts or skirted bottoms and certainly not a bikini bottom. 

For being in the water swimming, in our hot tub, jet skiing, etc., I prefer a one piece.  Tankini tops always end up riding up and exposing things I don't really want exposed.   

Respected Contributor

I've always been a one piece kind of girl. I wore a bikini once and felt so self-conscious that it wasn't worth it. I don't even like tankinis. They annoy me because the top is always shifting around. I find one piece suits to be more practical. I don't worry about them riding up or moving around as much.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I don't put on a bathing suit these days!  Yuck!  

I have a very nice Carol Wior suit (old) whih was the last one I wore that has really nice structure to it. But seriously, I don't to put any swim suit on this body.  I am not a swimmer any way.  

In my younger days, I would wear a bikini quite nicely.  A bit older, up until my late 40's a 2 piece.  

I think tankinis are very pretty and the suits with the skirts, etc.  The ones which ECBG has posted are very nice. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

At home in the hot tub onlySmiley Wink

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

If your not fit, you should not wear a two piece except for a tankini.  I wear a traditional two piece, tankini and one piece.  No skirts, shorts or board shorts.

Respected Contributor

Yes!