Trusted Contributor

Re: Do You Do Two Piece Swimsuits?

@2zbeach wrote:

I love Land’s End mix and match beach living separates.  I do tankini tops and either shorts or swim minis. I have a collection going!  I already bought 2 new tops for the upcoming season! Anyone else?

I love 'em too - have a bunch to mix and match.  Have to check out this year's collection.

I love a one piece but I'm much bigger on top than bottom so they don't work for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I quit wearing a 1 piece as a child, looks cute on a little girl or someone with a perfectly proportioned figure.

I'm short waisted, I look much better in a 2 piece.

I've have about a half dozen tummy surgeries and prefer more coverage on the bottom half.    I like A364926 but the waistline looks skimpy, would love for it to be more substantial.

I like a busy top, ruffles and colors are good.

I wear halter tops, my shoulders are narrow.

Also much easier to get on & off in the restroom.

I don't care what I look like in a bathing suit.   No matter where I go, there is at least someone who looks worse & they don't care either!

Valued Contributor

I wear tankinis. Much easier to deal with when I need to use the restroom at the beach.  I haven't seen any bathing suits shown on QVC that I would wear though. Very unflattering to a woman with the bad prints and tiered ruffles, etc.  I usually go to B&M stores or Venus catalog.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I wear tankinis with a skirted bottom.  My stomach is fully covered though.  I am slim but at my age (62) I would never wear a bikini.  That's just me though, not being critical of anyone else.

My little dog, a heartbeat at my feet. —Edith Wharton
What greater gift than the love of a cat.--Charles Dickens

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I'm just going to be hanging out at the boat dock, around the pool, on our boat, etc. I prefer a tankini.  They are much easier to deal with when I have to use the restroom.  A one piece is a total PITA when I have a cover-up on because everything has to come off. I wear a full cut bottom.  No shorts or skirted bottoms and certainly not a bikini bottom. 

For being in the water swimming, in our hot tub, jet skiing, etc., I prefer a one piece.  Tankini tops always end up riding up and exposing things I don't really want exposed.   

Respected Contributor

I've always been a one piece kind of girl. I wore a bikini once and felt so self-conscious that it wasn't worth it. I don't even like tankinis. They annoy me because the top is always shifting around. I find one piece suits to be more practical. I don't worry about them riding up or moving around as much.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

I don't put on a bathing suit these days!  Yuck!  

I have a very nice Carol Wior suit (old) whih was the last one I wore that has really nice structure to it. But seriously, I don't to put any swim suit on this body.  I am not a swimmer any way.  

In my younger days, I would wear a bikini quite nicely.  A bit older, up until my late 40's a 2 piece.  

I think tankinis are very pretty and the suits with the skirts, etc.  The ones which ECBG has posted are very nice. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

At home in the hot tub onlySmiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

If your not fit, you should not wear a two piece except for a tankini.  I wear a traditional two piece, tankini and one piece.  No skirts, shorts or board shorts.

Respected Contributor

Yes!