Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Do Two Piece Swimsuits?

[ Edited ]

I wear only tankinis. They are much easier to deal with when I need to pottie! 😎

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's my civic duty NOT to show too much skin at the pool or beach. You're welcome. I wear an attractive one piece with a small skirt. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

I like tankini tops with either a swim mini skirt or a fitted swim short.

I find two pieces is easier than one.

But...

If my stomach was not the issue I would wear a bikini top with either of the above mentioned bottoms though, and not bikini bottoms. Personal choice.

-Texas Hill Country-
Trusted Contributor

I wear tankinis.  I have the D&C tankini (A303155) in 3 colors.  Just bought the turquoise color "as is" for $30.  Very comfortable for me.

I also get tops from Lands End, but I do not look good in square neck.  And I have some older suits from Ocean Dream.

Unfortunately I never had the body for a bikini!Woman Tongue

Respected Contributor

I wear tankinis.  One pieces don't fit me.  Even if I buy long torso, they are not long enough to be comfortable.  Regular bikini bottoms - no skirts or shorts.

Respected Contributor

I wear Speedo or Nike one piece suits to workout, but beyond that, it's Land's End tankini's. I love to mix and match different pieces/prints and I stick to the tops with underwire support (you really can't feel them and it makes a BIG difference) and bikini bottoms. I tried a mini-skirted bottom once and hated it. Way too much fabric and it took forever for the darned thing to dry. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Regular Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I have a drawer full of bikinis because I have a very private back yard and pool. That is the only place I wear a swim suit these days since I hit my sixties. 

Same here!!

Respected Contributor

Most of my bathing suits are one piece, but I have a few tankinis. I also have some rash guard shirts for days when the sun’s just beating down so I don’t have to worry about reapplying sunscreen. 

Honored Contributor

I prefer a two-piece tankini.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Last year I started wearing Land's End board shorts and long sleeve rash guard shirts. I thought the shirt would be uncomfortable but it's not. They are soft and silky and really nice on a windy beach day.