Honored Contributor

Re: Do You Buy Your Clothes at Full Price or....

@sunshine45 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@Himi lover wrote:

Wait until they go on sale?  I'm seeing spring clothes and I'm so tempted to purchase, but then I think, wait until they go on sale.  When do you start buying your spring clothes?

Hi Himi.  I HATE paying full price.  The only items I pay full price for ones I just "have to have", and I'm fearful of waiting due to a possible sell out or for items that don't go on sale often.  I find I will pay full price for a few Anthropologie items and I pay full price for a lot of Lululemon items as they rarely go on sale.    I'll pay full price for UGGS as the styles I like rarely go on sale.  Occasionally for dress shoes, I'll pay full price.  I don't like it though.  

Other than that, I wait for at least 15% to 20% off!  

I'm not into Spring/Summer clothes anyway so I don't pay full price for much from March through July.  I wait or I pass!

Smiley Happy

now that i think about it @winamac1 i will spend more on an item and more overall on fall/winter items. i am not a huge spring/summer shopper except for crop pants and lightweight tops and sandals......and a few pieces in white in particular because they are more difficult to find and tend to sell out fast.

I agree.  For white jeans, I'll pay the full price as my size will be gone.  I don't shop at Anthropologie in the late Spring or early Summer as I don't like the clothing of those seasons.  I'll wear Logo or some INC items I got on sale.  I don't like paying full price for items, but sometimes I'm forced to due to my fear of there being a sell out in my size.    I bought more from Anthropologie this year--probably 12 items--but I actually think I got a lot of them at least 20% off.  A few I got at 50% off.  Lululemon rarely goes on sale, and it's always a sell out so I am forced to pay full price for most items there--and I hate it, LOL.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@himi lover... don't kick yourself for your life choices you have made... just remember... these fashion choices served the purpose of "keeping you going" at that time. I feel the way you do... wondering why I bought this or that. Then I go back to saying, "yes, but at the time, it was my choice (hindsight is 50/50!).
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Always ALWAYS on sale..right now I do not even look..I don't want to buy something that I cannot wear for 3 months! Plus I want more then the little % off they offer now. I know they will eventually go up to a much larger % off..

I don't even like buying on sale WITHOUT a coupon and only do if I really LOVE LOVE the item and there is not  many in the size/color I want ..or it is a urgent need..

Respected Contributor

I do most of my shopping at the beginning of the season. I like to buy when the merchandise is new and all sizes and colors are available. 

Often I get a discount because my favorite stores have regular sales. 

As long as I stay within my clothing budget I don't worry about the price of each item. Better to have a few winners than a pile of clothes I don't love.

Esteemed Contributor

Having worked in the retail industry and knowing the markup the full price on clothes I have never been a pay full price girl.  Once in a  while when I was a more impatient young girl who wanted to be the first to wear something, I would splurge and buy full price, but that was rare.  I don't even rush and buy my white jeans and tops for summer in April anywmore.  These days there is nothing special enough for me not to wait for it to go on sale. If I miss it my mind tells me that there will be something just as spectacular on the sale rack at another time.  The internet has also made it easier and smart to shop for better prices on national brands and designers sold at multiple stores. Sometimes  the best price turns out to be right down the street, but it's nice to know that for sure before buying it there.    

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Himi lover wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Both. Why would this be a one or the other option?

Well, I'm trying to be a better shopper.  I'm an impulse buyer.  When I see something I like, I want it right now.  Now, I'm thinking No, wait until it goes on sale.  But if I wait, the colors may be sold out.  I'm a Talbots, Ann Taylor, Loft fan.  But, I want to start saving more money.  I should perhaps look at Kohls.  I saw some nice looking chinos in the Talbots catalogue at $90, pricey.  Nice colors.  I want them now.  But, should I wait?  I was just wondering what others do.  How others shop.

@Himi lover I love those stores too.  My thinking is - while they aren't super chichi or anything, the quality and fit is FAR superior to anything we'd find at Kohls.  I have had clothes for years and years from these stores; Kohls for me never fits well, doesn't last, and I'm not in love with anything.  I'd much rather spend a little more for better clothes and have them longer.

I agree.  Kohls isn't on the same level as Talbots, Ann Taylor and Loft.  I buy basics at Kohls that I'm very happy with like some foundation pieces, t-shirts maybe crop jeans but very little of the clothing from Kohls is work appropriate for me.  I find that anything I buy from Kohls falls into the category of super casual, wear after work or on the weekends.       

Super Contributor

@MaggieMack  Hi.  Hope you don't mind if I ask if you still love the Guess dress.  It great when you spot something and don"t have buyers remorse later.

Esteemed Contributor

@MadameQueen, oh, yes, still love that dress! It is not for the fashion shy, that's for sure. But it is very flattering, and perfect for the right venue.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Pale Green Oil Suede Woman Fly London Ankle Boots Outlet Online mhmc605p2fak.jpg

These came home to me yesterday... I don't evin care... I'm wearing them EVERYWHERE!

ps they were on sale

to add: this year sales were pretty good due to the mild winter... lots left over.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

I first try to find it on eBay cheap. New, used I don't care.  I don't go to stores so am not tempted to buy new.  Well, other than Walmart for wear around the house clothes. Those I buy new.