Trusted Contributor

Do You Buy Your Clothes at Full Price or....

Wait until they go on sale?  I'm seeing spring clothes and I'm so tempted to purchase, but then I think, wait until they go on sale.  When do you start buying your spring clothes?

Respected Contributor

Re: Do You Buy Your Clothes at Full Price or....

Almost always when they go on sale - love a deal!

Honored Contributor

If the stores in your area are already presenting spring clothes, they all will go on sale 2 weeks before Easter! Smiley Very Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

As Kramer from Seinfeld said "retail is for suckers."

Trusted Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:

Wait until they go on sale?  I'm seeing spring clothes and I'm so tempted to purchase, but then I think, wait until they go on sale.  When do you start buying your spring clothes?

no, never, just can;'t do it. they sell them at full price when you can't even wear them yet and they hook you because after dreary grey winters, those spring clothes and bright colors get you salivating. 

But most of us know there is no sense buying a full price item to sit in your closet and then by the time you can actually wear it, it goes on "sale", Kohls is famous for this tactic.

I can wait to buy clothing since I have a lot of it for my every day needs so if something comes out that I just have to have, unless it's a winter coat and I need it badly, I just wait.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Himi!

I used to buy only on sale, but I ended up with clothes that I didn't really like when I finally got around to wearing them.  Or I was buying only because it was such a great sale price, but I wasn't really in love with it...usually because I bought the only color that was left or the sizing was just okay or didn't fit like it did when I tried it on/bought it or I really didn't need it (but, hey, look at that sale price!). 

I was out shopping the other day and saw a great many nice winter things on sale, but winter is almost over.  I bought one item and wore it the next day...a new litmus test for me:  If I don't or can't wear it within a week, I don't buy/keep it.  I don't want to find out next year that I really didn't love it or that it stuck out in the back or wrinkled too much, etc.

I want the cool colors (not the leftover black), the best clothes (not the cheaper knockoff), the best fitting, etc.  Those are usually found at the beginning of the season and at full price.

Which is not to say I don't shop sales...I do, but not nearly as much.  Now I will also get while the getting is good...something I never did before.

Does that make sense?!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

P.S.  To be more specific to your question, I'm already looking at and purchasing spring clothes.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Both. Why would this be a one or the other option?

Esteemed Contributor

I'll pay full price for clothing that I know will never make to the end of the season--good quality navy pants, white jeans, sheath dresses, excellent quality white tanks and tees, etc.

I'll wait for sales on things like trendy items (printed pants this season) or boring basics. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I can't remember the last time I paid retail for anything.

"Pure Michigan"