Esteemed Contributor

When I see a piece of clothing I love I recently have a tendency to buy it in more than one color.  I do this more so when I see an item I already have on clearance.  Unless it is a wardrobe staple, I kind of hate it when I do this.  I don't want to be boring wearing the same piece in different colors.  Do you buy items in multiples?

Honored Contributor

If I like it a lot, yes.  Doesn't bother me that I have the same shirt in three different colors.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I buy multiples. For instance, LL Bean had a T-shirt that fit me perfectly so I have it in various colors.  Land's End has some 100% cotton sweaters that I like so have those in different colors too.   

Honored Contributor

I just did that tonight, details on this thread.  Perhaps my post even gave the OP the idea for her thread!

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/LOGO-SHOW-ON-10-4/m-p/2193277#U2193277

Respected Contributor

Yes, I do this...Have done this with boots, loafers, ballet shoes, T-shirts and sweaters.  When you find something you like and it works and looks good I believe in getting in multiples.

Respected Contributor

I do this with shirts, jeans,boots,and shoes. But often with shirts I buy two black if I particularly love it since black can fade.  

Trusted Contributor

Oh yes, especially with pants. I keep the extra pair for when the other wears out.

And if I like a top I'll go back and purchase it in another color.

Trusted Contributor

Yes!  I must have bought 6 tees from Lands End, recommended by someone here on the board.  They are very comfy and nice material, a bit fitted, so not boxy.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Yep.  I find it challenging to find clothes that I like that also fit and are comfortable, so when I do find ones that work, I buy multiples.

Honored Contributor

I do this all of the time with tee shirts and pants. I also have two pairs of boots I like in the same style - one black, one brown. They're comfortable and one of them will go with everything I own!  Smiley Happy