Frequent Contributor

Re: Do You Buy Clothing With Text?

NO......same reason I would not buy todays puffer coat with the large arctic expedition circular advertisement on the sleeve.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

If not for the sayings, I would have bought the sweatshirt, possibly even two.  Big dislike for me.  I heard the host say something about shining your light. I'm a person, not an electric eel.  Pretty sure that human beings don't glow in the dark.

@PhilaLady1   @Kachina624 

LOL ....  I feel the same way ... no words, and definitely no advertising of a designer's name or logo!  I don't care how appealing the clothing fabric or style may be.  Words of any sort are a deal breaker.   Who do these appeal to?  Very shy people wanting attention?  

If I am going to advertise something, they need to pay me to do so.  I won't even use a license plate holder with dealer's name on it on my car.  

Electric eel ... that's funny ...  LOL  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Only graphic T-shirts, especially if they're funny.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Possibly.  I once saw a green sweatshirt with big letters that said:

BAH!

Humbug!

that would be perfect for me....i'm a grinch!

Respected Contributor

But I do have a small text decal on the back windshield of my car. It says I'm 70 leave me the hell alone. 🤓

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

I like life is good.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  - The writing is so small and not that noticeable.  It wouldn't bother me at all.  If it was big, bold and noticeable, I wouldn't care for it.  It looks like a really nice sweatshirt.  You should get it.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually liked a couple of these. Writing is small and not controversial. Liked the black one.

Writing on clothing doesn't bother me at all. Guess because I came up loving DKNY, RL, Liz, CK, etc items. Wanted to show off their label. I know, superficial of me, but didn't hurt anyone, just my pocketbook.

These days, most of the clothing I'm wearing is casual and athletic in nature and seems to have a logo of some sort. Doesn't bother me. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 Easy pass here.  It reminds me of an adult garanimal outfit!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I do. I’d be all over this sweatshirt but this brand is always too short for me.