Honored Contributor

Do Ugg boots have arch support?

I usually wear Vionic shoes, and sometimes Alegria. I'd like a pair of Ugg-style boots, but I'm afraid they'll have lots of fluff and no support.  

Can anyone speak to their comfort and sizing?

Thank you.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: Do Ugg boots have arch support?

[ Edited ]

I love mine ! got the short ones back when they were 150 at Dillards

think they went up 10

fur lined and warm I don't mess with socks. Flat heel none of this stupid high heel in the snow and ice 'stuff' LOL put my pants leg over

them.

In Tx. just break them out maybe twice a yr. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

If you google Ugg boots there are many answers to this question. They have no arche support.

Super Contributor

I have over 14 pairs of UGG boots and I have a high arch.  None of my shoes have arch support but they are very comfy.  I usually wear a size 7 1/2 but in UGGS, I Wear a size 8.  Check ugg.com first.  They have many sales throughout Nov and Dec, different uggs throughout the weeks, usually 50 to 60%.  That is why I have so many because I purchase them only in Nov and Dec months.  Also, if you have to return them, you get a refund within a week or so.  With QVC, THE RETURN  process is slow.  You may not see a refund for three weeks.

Trusted Contributor

I have a pair Uggs that I love, but they have no arch support.  I can't wear them if I know that I need to do a lot of walking.

Honored Contributor

No arch support, however as you wear them, the sheepskin insoles mash down and conform to the contours of your sole so it feels like a mild arch support.  They are warm and toasty but not water resistant.  Not made to be worn in snow.  I don't find them to be particularly comfortable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't have UGGS, I have Ugg-like boots.  They don't have arch support and I don't see how they could.  They have all that sheep skin through out the boot (I wear mine barefoot) and the sheep skin conform to, hugs and cradles my foot so I think that supports the arch.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have an extra Ugg insole in my boots.  I wear them often, and feel like they have great support, but, mainly because of having the extra insole in them.  It probably gives my foot more to sink into for a more severe contour.  I do not have high arches.  

I have one pair of Ugg boots (the one with the extra insole) and one pair of Bearpaw.  The Ugg has significantly more support overall than the Bearpaw, but an extra insole could be put into any of these styles of boots.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you, ladies. That's the kind of feedback I was looking for.  I don't think they're for me.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat 

Why not check out The Walking Company shoe stores? Online they carry fleece lined boots with removable fleece insoles and you can also buy replacement insoles as well. I own boots in the Galena style from The Walking Company which I bought in Las Vegas 3 years ago. There are 4 Walking Company shoe stores on the Las Vegas strip.