New Contributor

Do QVC shoe buyers ever watch QVC?

There's one reason that keeps me coming back to QVC above and beyond anything else. I'm in a position professionally -- and I know I'm not alone -- where I'm interacting, maybe not everyday, but often enough, with people who can shop pretty much anywhere they want, and that's not in my budget. But its just human nature that when you walk up to a podium, or walk into a conference room, people don't wait for you to start talking to start evaluating you. QVC has let me put together (and maintain) a professional wardrobe that lets me go into any situation with confidence. Government employees, women who work at research foundations, non-profits, think tanks, the list goes on, there nowhere better to shop, for clothes, and most accessories, even for very conservative work environments since these days, really, unless you're talking about Wall Street, 1 or 2 other industries, you just don't need actual suits anymore. But look at the shows where clothing is sold. The hosts, the models, often the designers if they're female, what kind of shoes are they wearing with those clothes? Well, a working woman isn't going to wear 4 or 5 inch heels, but she is going to wear pumps. Maybe not open toe in some work places, but its still heels that define "professional" as much as wearing a tie does for a man. What do the shoe buyers offer us? Comfort shoes, comfort shoes, boots, comfort shoes, comfort shoes, walking shoes, boots, flats, Orthaheels (and lets face it, I don't care how nice they are, in almost any office, those are the shoes that live in your tote bag to swap to when you go home), lather, rinse, repeat. I have one fabulous pair of heels from QVC, but it was a total fluke -- one of those surprise deals from a fashion week shoe from a brand that pops up once every two years or so (BZ), they lasted about five minutes and were gone. Why no real professional shoes? Why can't you do for us with shoes what you do with bags? Go great brands and get us a good price, or at least easy pay. Bring in serious numbers of Nine West, but in styles you can wear to work. I can't afford to buy separate shoes for work and play, and while I can push the line enough to wear bright colors, maybe even florals, animal print or camo is a non-starter for me. Bring in Cole Haan, and if you can't get a deal, get me Easy Pay -- that's how a lot of us were able to afford a Dooney and Burke bag. Am I the only one who feels this way ladies?