Respected Contributor

Re: Do QVC Vendors 'Comp' Samples to Forum Members?

[ Edited ]

@barbara in Virginia wrote:

To be clear: I have NEVER heard of a Linea customer receiving a comp from Linea.  NEVER!  And I know virtually all of us who go back with Louis and Jac for a long, long time.  Jac is the only person who will test drive a new Linea piece, as Louis frequently posts on his blog.

Let's lay to rest this RUMOR immediately!  It is designed to hurt and is completely unfounded.

First of all, Barbara in Virginia, I have not mentioned Linea, Louis or Jac in this thread. I'm perplexed why you are doing it. I asked about whether or not "comping" products was a common practice at QVC--because it is on other retail sites and among bloggers. Your accusations are out of line.

Esteemed Contributor

I never mentioned or referenced any vendor in my post and I specifically stated that IF a relationship existed and IF that relationship provided any discounts or free items that should be disclosed if posting about or reviewing a item. Once again the "Linea Ladies" are overreacting to imaginary criticism and reading Into posts things which do not exist.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I want to clarify my earlier post.  I vaguely remember SG talking about sending out a TSV early to some ladies so they could provide reviews on FB.  But its hard to keep track of everything she says☺   No disrespect intended.  

Honored Contributor

@GraceCO wrote:

@Ladybug724 wrote:

If that's the case, I will gladly sample some Junior's Cheesecake or Croissants for QVC.  QVC:  I am here to help.

LOL. Me too!!! Where do we sign up?

Trusted Contributor

Lancôme gives freebies all the time, most make up/ perfume vendors do this to market their products.....I am all in! It's called marketing......not sure why this would bother anyone....IMO
Respected Contributor

@TY wrote:

I doubt that QVC vendors would give free samplies to QVC community members. Remember that QVC vendors aren't allowed to post on these boards. If the vendors have a facebook page or other social media page and give out free samples through those social media gateways like youtube or instagram, that's their business, it's just another form of marketing to me.

I was reading some Amazon reviews on a beauty product (Olay ProX cleansing tools and their microdermabrasion cleansing tools because I want to know if the brush heads for each unit are interchangeable (yes they are) and some of the reviewers on Amazon did get their stuff for free that they reviewed and it was disclosed in their reviews. I don't have a problem with them stating such.

That's a good example. I've seen that on Amazon, as well. I wonder if Amazon has a disclosure policy in place for "comp" reviews or if the reviewers volunteer that info. I know whenever I've written a review, they verify I've purchased the item & indicate "verified purchase" in the review.

I don't have a problem with "freebie reviews" as long as they're disclosed. I think it's just another marketing tool for retailers in a very competitive environment.