Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do Longer Denim Jackets Appeal To You?

I like short jackets not over long tops. I like long, fitted jackets over just about anything. I like to wear jackets that at least look like they can be closed w/ buttons or zipper. Not a fan of the too small jacket.

I think any size person can wear any style jacket, it just needs to fit correctly and be in proportion to the outfit they are wearing.

For myself, I only have two denim material jackets - one is in white and it is in a "jean jacket" style - the other denim jacket is a one button, close fitted blazer, more along the lines of a "riding jacket". I have other jean jacket style jackets in linen and cotton material and they hit at the waist.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

All my denim jackets are short.  The longer ones are too heavy for me.

Honored Contributor

Yes, love the longer look. I don't like real short jackets on me, I am average height, but carry my extra weight in my tummy, so I feel like shorter jackets cut me off right at the tummy. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the longer length and do not wear any shorter length ones.  I really dislike the look of a top showing under a jacket on me. 

I am short and avoid the “chopped up” look for myself.

Honored Contributor

Denim jackets you see everywhere, on everybody. Long, short no matter the length they are just something I have never wanted to wear. And those embellished jeans jackets? No, no, no.😳🥺🙀😳

Honored Contributor

I prefer a mid length jacket, whether it be denim, or some other fabric. The PA one posted appeals to me most due to its length. 

Honored Contributor

yes--I do like longer jackets that cover my tookus more---

Honored Contributor

I like shorter jackets b/c I'm short.  The longer jackets drag me down in appearance and make me look even shorter.

Respected Contributor

I have a few which I wear occasionaly. I have one in a med. wash denim & one in white which are a shorter denim but fits me at the waist because I am short waisted. No not a fan of long denim jackets. 

Honored Contributor

I prefer the shorter ones.  However, although I have several, I find I don't wear them as much as I used to.