Honored Contributor

Re: Do Isaac’s clothes run smaller than Denim & Co?

@Mindy D  This is hard to believe but each garment has different measurements in the same line.  If you click on  "click here" under the description, that is the true size for that garment.  I could never understand why each garment has different measurements but they do.  Some are the same or similar and other are completely different.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Fabrics that are woven will usually have larger measurements than knits.  

Something designed to be loose fitting with lots of wearing ease will have larger measurements. 

Designed to be close fitting will have smaller measurements.  Some close fitting knits will have garment measurements smaller than body measurements (negative ease).

Google .... "wearing ease chart" .... if all show the standard wearng ease for various garments and fit.

Esteemed Contributor

@MindyD  IMO, Isaac clothing runs a size smaller for me.   I am usually a M depending on the style of clothing but I always have had to order L in his line.   His tops are always snug and I am average size with a slight midriff from menopause.  Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

It's been a lot of years since I bought anything from IM.

From my experience - his clothes run a bit too narrow through the shoulders.  I have wide shoulders. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 I've noticed that too and I find it a little frustrating. I always check the click here measurements to try and make the best decision on fit but it would be nice if things were consistent.

Valued Contributor

I am 5'2" and weigh 102 lbs.....I find everything on Q lately (not much in peteite, but Thank you for Women with Control !!    Every is too large..I swear I don't know how the thinnest model even wears an XXS...

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

In my experience IM runs smaller than D & Co. My normal size on top is a small. I always order XS in D & Co, but I need my regular S in IM. I still check the measurements for a garment online before ordering anything. 

Honored Contributor

For the most part, I find IM to run more fitted than other lines on Q like SG & D&C.  Not enough for me to have to go up a size but I know his items will be a closer fit on me.  

But then I also don't find LOGO to run small at all either. 

Regular Contributor

I have found that at least in Isaac's top I need to size up from D&C and SG fashions.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA  I am talking about tee shirts, same fabric and different measurements.

kindness is strength