Valued Contributor

Do Halston clothes on QVC run true to size?

...or do they run a little big or small?

Respected Contributor

Re: Do Halston clothes on QVC run true to size?

@mia 2  I've ordered 3 items from them and they all ran large.  

Honored Contributor

Halston sizing is typical of Q vanity sizing so I size down. Order based on the garment chart. I loved the initial items so much more than the new. That 1st TSV - the duster sweater and the TSV hi/low dress are awesome.

Something happens - not in a good way - when Q takes over a line like Halston,  Rinna, Hot in Hollywood.  The same will happen with Camuto. Quality will decline, pricing will increase and sizing is all over the place  Woman Tongue

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I've found Halston tops are a very stretchy, thin fabric that is clingy.  I'd say they run true to size except for the cling factor which makes me want them a little large, or not al all.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

I've found Halston tops are a very stretchy, thin fabric that is clingy.  I'd say they run true to size except for the cling factor which makes me want them a little large, or not al all.

The essentials tops are great designs,  but I think they are using lighter weight/less costly fabric now than initially. Not worth the $30 or $30+ pricing. No way!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

The H by Halston clothes that I see at Hudson's Bay are mostly big and boxy looking. They are made by the same company that makes the Isaac Mizrahi clothes, Xcel Brands. Actually I see the H by Halston clothes, the Isaac Mizrahi clothes, and the Highline Collective clothes (another Xcel Brands line) at Hudson's Bay bricks and mortar stores and none of those clothing lines appeal to me.

They have moved the clothing lines around the store floor trying to get people to notice the clothes but they mostly get passed by until they end up on the clearance racks. The last time I was in a Hudson's Bay store I noticed that the H by Halston and the Isaac Mizrahi clothes were placed close to the M.A.C. counter where there was torn dirty carpeting that had been duct taped so people wouldn't trip on it.

Valued Contributor

I find they run large. As much as I like some of Halston clothing, I will not purchase because of s/h charges. S/H charges stop me from buying a lot from the Q anymore. 

Honored Contributor

mia 2  I would answer your question if I could.  May I suggest that you  look at the ratings and comments on the items you are intrested in and you may get the guidance you need.  You can also ask the question in the rating section.  Good luck!

Valued Contributor

Thank you ladies for all your help.  I am deciding on a size for a sweater.  I have never bought Halston at QVC, so your info was very helpful.  I usually stick to Isaac, SG and D.&C.  Always find such nice people on here!

Esteemed Contributor

I have only ordered one item from Halston...but i ordered it in 2 colors...a wrap sweater....and i was very surprised at how thin the material was....it didn't hold much of a shape...

like some of the styles...but haven't order that line again...