Honored Contributor

I'm the one who loves and wears high-waisted trousers/pants/jeans, almost anything with a hood, and, yes, turtlenecks/mocknecks.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Just another way to sell something else.

I ain't fraid of no ghosts.
Honored Contributor
I like turtlenecks
"Never let the facts get in the way of a good story"
Respected Contributor

I have always liked the way turtlenecks looked on me, because I have a long neck and a short torso, so it helped balance out my upper half. Unfortunately, I had to stop wearing them because they push my crinkly neck skin around, making it more obvious. 

Maybe this is why they're saying they age you? 🤔 😄

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw Different strokes for different folks!   Wear whatever makes you happy and who dictates what is fun, in style or very current anyway?

Honored Contributor

Re: Ditch the Turtleneck?

[ Edited ]

Love a turtleneck with a jacket, jeans, and boots in colder weather. I agree we don't see lots of younger people wearing them, but that's not a good enough reason to stop wearing mine. 

I used to subscribe to several fashion YouTubers who talked about fashion over 40, 50, 60, etc. I got a bit tired of these "experts" telling women of a certain age what they need to wear or not wear to look more youthful and modern.

At my age I know what I like, and I wear what I like. If I look older or outdated because of it, then so be it. I am not competing with younger women or with women of my own age regarding fashion. I'm just living my life in clothes I like. 

Honored Contributor

To watch a few collections and make many assumptions is very narrow.  Turtlenecks are a basic and will continue to be offered.

People wear a variety of styles to be comfortable in their environment.  Wear what fits your lifestyle.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe Ralph didn't get the message, either ... somebody should tell him to stop putting them out year after year ... these are mine, new this year ... I like the way I look in them.

Ralph Lauren - Cashmere Turtleneck Sweater

Ralph Lauren - Cashmere Turtleneck Sweater

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I too have a long neck and love my turtlenecks... never giving them up..

Edited to say that because of my long neck I look terrible in v-necks.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a very short neck and a large bosom, so I am very careful about the kind of turtle neck I wear. I do like to take light weight scarves and tie them so they look like loose turtle neck.

For my body, I need a collar if I wear any blouse or sweater that comes up tight on my neck. Like the images below. The first one is how I dress in fall/winter now that I am retired. The bottom one is how I would dress in fall/winter when I worked.

4b50ff7ec510184cb2ee5855b063e7f5.jpg

a621ba495bdb3c1ba227d395ff783508.jpg

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."