Trusted Contributor
Slap in the face. I agree. Free S&H for over three months is way overboard. Longtime customers are really taken did granted.
Honored Contributor

This has got to be one of the most bizarre marketing ploys I have ever seen.  A blatant way of telling your regular customers they should go elsewhere.  I guess the loyal customers just don't generate enough business for them, that they are willing to risk alienation.  Fortunately, there are many other places to shop.

Respected Contributor

Just another good reason for me to not shop QVC.  Used to be a regular customer and now order maybe twice a year or so and only if I am certain I cannot get the same item cheaper elsewhere.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Just another good reason for me to not shop QVC.  Used to be a regular customer and now order maybe twice a year or so and only if I am certain I cannot get the same item cheaper elsewhere.

Agree.  I used to make sure that whatever cable company we used offered QVC.  Now I could care less and like you order very infrequently.  There's a poster who claims they spend $1,000 a month at QVC!!!  Can't imagine--LOL!!

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac   After being a very loyal customer to Cox Cable for over 25 YRS I was FINALLY able to make that argument to a CS person who put me in touch with an exec who listened to me and gave me a fantastic deal (including pay channels I never had) for now and the future.  He gave me instructions on how to renew my rate each year and it worked like a charm last month when I used it to retain my bundle rate.  I am VERY APPRECIATIVE of this accommodation from Cox Cable and the level of service I receive from them!!

Contributor
Final nail in their coffin.
Respected Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

@GoodyShoes There is a thread that is on fire posted  minutes before yours. Everyone feels the same as you.

@cjm61 

I think in this case it's a good idea to allow multiple posts on the same subject....clearly gives us and maybe the Q an idea of how their new free ship policy is disappointing to so many.  

Respected Contributor

It's like anything else. They want to lure in new customers. They don't care about the ones they've had for years. I recently got rid of my cable because, even though, I had been a loyal customer for 30+ years, they didn't care to negotiate my bill when it went up by $40.00 a month recently. I told them, then, I guess we're thru. They didn't seem to care, really. I returned the equipment to them. Now they send all kinds of stuff in the mail every week. Not buying it. 

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Cable companies do the same thing.  Offering lower pricing, freebies, etc to attract "new" customers & nothing for their "existing" customers.

@Mz iMac   What cable companies do or used to do (not so much now) is quite different from the loud general announcement QVC has made.  Cable negotiates privately with each customer.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

No need to add anything else.  All of you have stated my reaction to the "t".  Lets all get together on this and keep adding to the original post. Man Wink