Trusted Contributor

Re: Disappointed with Fashion Day

Where is the fashion?? Enough of ""active"" wear and polyester tops. And the prices for some of this stuff are ridiculous. And why spend 10 minutes showing a french terry (what else) top?
Frequent Contributor

I was looking forward to the two days of fashion. Didn't know that 40 of the 48 hours would be Susan Graver. I could stand to watch her shows if she would quit twirling around and looking at herself in the monitor. Show some class and describe the clothing. I did what her fans always suggest. Changed the channel and check the website occasionally. Big disappointment
Frequent Contributor

Very disappointed with QVC. Such boring and repetitive vendors. I've actually switched to HSN who is bring in some interesting merchandise. Just ordered a couple of dresses from them.
Honored Contributor

l guess I missed that it was fashion day. I wasn't planning on ordering the TSV, but I wanted to see it presented versus watching a video. Looks like it sold out though.
Super Contributor

On 3/5/2015 graycatsrule said: l guess I missed that it was fashion day. I wasn't planning on ordering the TSV, but I wanted to see it presented versus watching a video. Looks like it sold out though.

It had the last presentation before noon. I think they said they sold more than 80,000. I contributed by buying two.

Honored Contributor

I watched a little of Susan earlier today so I saw the TSV, I liked it and would have ordered it if it came in gray. Also liked the polka dotted blouses.

Regular Contributor

So...I thought, maybe, this fashion day would be different...as I was watching I did see a few things that I thought were cute and may look good on me. As I went into the web site to check them out, sizing, etc., found they were the same stuff that has been on prior and most colors were sold out prior to being featured on fashion day. Thank goodness for some of the reviews on pieces I thought about purchasing, because my purchase ended there.

Prices on SG are way too high, and that goes for Lisa Rinna's..my jaunt into Kohl's and Macy's recently, had some great looking spring/summer tops and bottoms for half of what the Q was selling them for..and like one poster said, you could try them on for size...SG and many others have sizing that is all over the place..and I'm tired of spending money sending things back, therefore, I have not ordered in a long time and with the high prices I will not be ordering soon.

Fashion Day for Spring/Summer should be fresh, all new fashions...so disappointed as usual. But it did save me money!

Honored Contributor

I'm disappointed that so many simple tee shirts esply in the graver line are so over priced. I found a couple of really cute ones that I want ut they're $43.00, $38.00. For simple short sleeved tees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I broke down for one of them - ONE! I'm so bummed - I want more but refuse to pay these prices.

Frequent Contributor

I actually find better buys in my favorite stores, & no shipping. I now that the shipping charges have been reduced, but I have problems with my mail, and I have to use UPS. So, there is no bargain for me. I find that the prices here have gone up.

Regular Contributor

I received several clothes catalogs in the mail this week (rarely receive them anymore) and could not resist taking a quick look. They were not high end but I actually saw more things I liked than I typically do on TV. But I concluded that QVC clothes are now retail priced (like the catalogs). So that is it, you are paying for impulse and convenience of ordering from home. Bottom line is that buying clothes from home shopping networks is not a deal, if it ever was. I do believe that is what most are saying. Clearly the B&M stores are competing big time with deals and coupons, etc that cut prices hugely.....this did not happen 20yrs ago like this. If B&M stores sold most of their clothes at retail prices then QVC prices would look better. So the market has changed but QVC has not and to make it worse the cost of shipping has double or tripled in recent years. I suspect that as popular as clothes are for women, they are more problematic to sell....because of the varieties and the larges number of sizes they have to stock. Although so many who write on these boards seem to be buying less than in the past, it would appear that others have stepped up to buy. As we know, the sales drive the business decisions.