Regular Contributor

Re: Disappointed in pricing trends on Denim & Co

Banana Republic has offered a classic tee shirt for years. The sale and clearance prices on these classic tees brings the price down to less than $20 each and they offer free S/H. QVC does not compare with its frequent S/H price increases.

Contributor

I have been a QVC customer for the last 28 years and have purchased thousands of dollars over that period of time, but by choice, my purchases have dropped off by at least 65%. I think they are pushing prices up to see just how much the public will stand for. I still do purchase some items but I draw the line at paying over $48 for a simple top by the time you add on s/h + QVC, you aren't the only game in town!

Trusted Contributor

I agree with what others have said. There is nothing special about the majority of Denim & Co. Like another person said, they seem to be seeing just how far they can push the price. I have started voting with my money, and have found many other quality lines from other stores on line. There is no reason to pay $30 for simple t-shirts.

Esteemed Contributor

On Fashionably Early they had a D&Co. top with $5.00 off!!!! My oh my, they went on and on about that $5.00 off. Maybe it was dry rotting in the warehouse.

New Contributor

WHY WOULD QVC HAVE TO CHARGE MORE FOR THE ITEMS THEY SELL, THEY HAVE AN AUDIENCE OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WHERE THE BRICK AND MOTOR STORES HAVE ONE OR TWO A DAY AND STILL THE PRICES ARE PRETTY GOOD WITHOUT S&H

Esteemed Contributor

So don't patronize anything QVC offers - including this forum.

Cogito ergo sum
Valued Contributor

OP, I agree with you about the quick rise in Denim and CO prices. Last year, I ordered two cowl neck tunics. They were great. The length, the colors, and the reason I bought three? The price was $27. That top went to clearance/sold out, and now the same type of top would be $39. Everything in that line has jumped about $10 or more in a year!

Trusted Contributor

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but why can't the Q package their items together with a single shipping charge? I wanted 3 items from today's D & C show--pant, top, sweater--but when I saw the S & H charge would be nearly $25, it was a no-go. There are so many online retailers offering free shipping, and even free return shipping. Those that do charge shipping always have a single shipping charge for my entire order, even when my order is mailed in multiple shipments.

Valued Contributor

I used to love this line, but lately the prices are high and most styles are variations of a tee shirt. Where are the button down shirts in pretty prints? No cuffs, no buttons=cheaper to make. No more details. Disappointed. Why does it all have to be sporty? I have to add, I agree that everything has gone up but we also get less for our dollars. This bothers me more.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/27/2015 CJC said:

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but why can't the Q package their items together with a single shipping charge? I wanted 3 items from today's D & C show--pant, top, sweater--but when I saw the S & H charge would be nearly $25, it was a no-go. There are so many online retailers offering free shipping, and even free return shipping. Those that do charge shipping always have a single shipping charge for my entire order, even when my order is mailed in multiple shipments.

ITA. I would be interested in seeing some of the Q's sales stats. I used to be a die-hard Q shopper and a big fan of Denim & Co. and Sport Savvy. Shipping rate deals that you've described here have changed my Q shopping habits to very sporadic purchases. On the up side: I have discovered lines of clothing with other retailers that are of the same or better quality than D & C and at a more reasonable cost. QVC's loss is other retailers' gain!