Frequent Contributor

Re: Disappointed in pricing trends on Denim & Co

I also agree. I have been a customer for many, many years. I love QVC. I love when they have easy does it days!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even three easy pays would be helpful, two easy pays doesn't help that much. Love the Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

Normally, this time of year, excited for spring & summer purchases, I do most of my buying on QVC. Thanks to prices this year that no longer are competitive with close-by stores my purchases are few and far between.

Valued Contributor

On 1/26/2015 Sweetbay magnolia said:

So don't patronize anything QVC offers - including this forum.

silly remark
Frequent Contributor

I have purchased Denim & Co. for over 15 years. It was always a modestly-priced, decent quality brand. I loved the fact that when I found a style that liked, I could buy it in several colors, save on shipping and handling and sometimes get a price break because the Q was offering a "Buy More, Save More" deal. Understandably, prices increase over time but the Q has priced Denim & Co. out of what I can afford to pay for casual clothes. With my tendency to buy multiple colors and the new fixed shipping charges, there's no price advantage. Stores like Macy's and Kohl's offer free shipping and deeper discounts. Makes me sad to abandon a brand I've loved but the Q has priced itself out of my market.

Visitor

I cannot believe the prices of D & Co now. Up until about a year ago, this was a good quality at an affordable price. Now, forget it. I can understand when Liz C shirts or vests are $50, but D & Co? There was a D & Co knit vest on yesterday, made of cotton & poly, a thin vest. It has a shawl collar. $47, I could not believe it. If you look back just 2 years ago, I would say that all D & CO items increased like 30%+. This is Denim & Co., not one of the expensive designer labels. They need to bring those prices back down or they are going to lose sales. They are nice clothes.
Respected Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

They order thousands of pieces from the manufacturer so they supposedly have a relationship etc...and they don't have to pay for stores and a lot of employees and insurance etc. etc. So why are prices so high for a simple t shirt. I like Denim & Co and like online shopping but it is getting ridiculous.

Great question!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have found the pricing to be at least $5-10 off (overpriced) on most clothing. 

Esteemed Contributor

The prices have gone up on all lines here because they have tested the market and the market supports the increases it appears. People still buy. Prices aren't going down or stabilizing until their market dries up. And that isn't happening. I've been shopping a lot more B&M for better deals and more reasonable prices.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

The prices have gone up on all lines here because they have tested the market and the market supports the increases it appears. People still buy. Prices aren't going down or stabilizing until their market dries up. And that isn't happening. I've been shopping a lot more B&M for better deals and more reasonable prices.

In the past I did not mind paying for convenience but to me the inconsistant quality is no longer a good value.  I did not take time to go to B&M stores until QVC began charging us to return an item. It is hard to determine the correct size even when checking the click here measurements.  To me it does not seem fair that if you wish to exchange for a better fit that I must pay that return shipping fee on the first item returned just to try it on.  Sometimes the garment measurements agree with those measurements provided but more and more often the measurements do not agree. 

In the past if the size did not work for me I would exchange for a different size.  But now with the return shipping paid by the customer as well as the increases in their pricing of the item and the inconsistency in sizing it is more a hassel than a convenience. I have also begun shopping in B&M this year and I am amazed that I can find better quality for comparable prices. And when they have a sale it is really a sale and they seem to reduce prices significantly much sooner. 

I consider D&C casual wear and I think the price for D&C has become higher than it should be.