Valued Contributor

Disappointed in TSV 10-22-'18

I was so disappointed when I saw the TSV this morning.

Overload for sure....peplum, ruffles, and add the ongoing ankle pant and the tops with the chiffon, etc bottoms that looks like someone forgot to complete the garment and had to add on.

I know everyone has different taste, but for me I am over all of today's fashions.

Because sometimes the button sticks out on some pants more nice pull on style jeans and pants (not ankle) in general would be great.  Some sell out so quickly that it's hard to go back for more.

Inseams of 32-34 inches are hard to buy repeats of, tops at least 30 inches in length sell out quickly.  I think petite people are cute, but I'm one of the taller women.

Okay, I'm sorry, I can hear the negative remarks now.  I  have spoken my opinions again!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed in TSV 10-22-'18

@JCF  No negative remarks here...I tend to agree.

Honored Contributor

Varying viewpoints are a positive.  How else, besides sales or lack thereof, are they going to know what to bring us?  

Honored Contributor

Just took a look at the video and I think that Leah looks good in the top -  isn't that the only puiece in the TSV?

Not sure what all the other details have to do with being disappointed by the TSV  since I like the top and ankle pants work really well for me since many petites don't have adequate rise for me and every average has to be shortened.

Probably what it all amounts to in the end is that no item is going to please all of us. 

Honored Contributor

I have the original version of this sweater that he did in a cotton blend.  I love that sweater and wear it all the time.  I'm disappointed that he would do the exact same sweater, just in a different material.  His last TSV sweater was a repeated design as well.  I don't get what is going on.  

Valued Contributor

I agree!! I am tired of seeing peplum-anything (and bell sleeves). Isaac is usually the first to introduce something cool and 'must have', but I think this misses the mark. The price point for me is too high for a sweater - and I get it, it's a cashmere sweater - but still, a sweater. That amount of $$ for a leather jacket, yes, but not a cashmere sweater. I feel like whomever is choosing the Isaac TSV's as of late is not making good decisions. I would have rather had item A344321, the Mixed Stitch Cascade Shawl Collar Cardigan as a TSV. Also, remember the Isaac TSV in July (or was it August), the long sleeve mock neck top? That did not sell well at all and I think it was due to timing - who wants to think about long sleeve shirts in the middle of winter?!

That being said, Isaac is my favorite deisgner at the Q. I never, ever miss a show, but today, I'm passing on his TSV Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I just checked it out - for over $100 that top is a lot of 'nothing'.  Open low neckline for winter?  Brrr

2 or 3 layers to make your hips look bigger than they are?

Just another pull-over.

OP - you are not alone.

Honored Contributor

@JCF- I don't know why you'd get negative responses.  You only gave your honest opinion without criticizing anyone else's choices.

I have to agree with you; I'm not a fan of the ruffles, the peplums, the layered "bits".  I like more classic, simple looks, but that's just me.  I don't buy much in the clothing line from QVC now because they follow trends and I'm just not with this latest trend!  Luckily, I have plenty of clothes and plenty of other places to shop, that stock lines more appealing to me, if I need anything.

Super Contributor

I so agree. When will Isaac ever get over peplum and ruffles? Same old, ugly and boring

Honored Contributor

I hate the fluffle business going on around the tummy area.  With Issac it is either that or some hangy awkward sleeve thing going on....   A huge no for me!