Respected Contributor

Recently there was a thread (which I cannot find) discussing QVC merchandise arriving in dirty, outer bags. 

Today I received five bags, all from different retailers. Two were delivered by USPS and three were delivered by UPS.  The former two were clean; the latter three were filthy. (there appeared to be a tire track on one)

None of these bags came from QVC. 

Esteemed Contributor

I see this a lot with packages. And not just from QVC. These companies move so much and are expected to be fast so handling is the least of thier concern I guess. 

Valued Contributor

Mine have arrived with footprints and so dirty (UPS) that I frequently wipe them off w/a damp paper towel.  

Actually have taken photos of the worst ones and am considering posting on the UPS FB page. 

Respected Contributor

Most everything arrives filthy and beat up.  The plastic shipping envelopes just pick up and/or show more dirt than cardboard boxes do. I consider all packages I receive to be covered in filth and therefore careful where I place it and wash my hands thoroughly after handling them.  God only knows what they see and do on their journey!  I get my groceries delivered every Sunday and you wouldn't believe how filthy the delivery bags are on the bottoms.  Like they were in a truck full of mud or something. The world is a very dirty place.

Honored Contributor

That really bugs me.

When the bags are that dirty, I don't even bring them into the house.  I'm just glad that the inner bags are clean.

I just got 2 deliveries from J.Jill today and they are pristine.  I don't understand why some things come so filthy and some come perfectly clean.  They're all on the same trucks. 

Honored Contributor

I have seen tire tracks, too.  Obviously, one of the trucks ran over it.  Yep, that would be UPS.  If you ever get a chance to watch how the drivers throw the boxes and packages around, you'll understand.  In your driver's haste, yours probably fell off the truck and he ran over it.  Consider yourself fortunate you even got it. 

I think distance between origin and delivery is a factor as to how dirty.  Packages are loaded and unloaded on to different trucks coming into contact with more dirt. 

I found UPS is usually dirtier than USPS.

Some bags and boxes from UPS arrive filthy with what resembles road grease like they were dragged along the road on their way to my house.  I wonder if their conveyor equipment in their shipping departments need some serious cleaning.  Also, the back of their trucks. What else could it be?  Anyone know someone working at UPS that could give us a clue?

I wipe all of them off with a damp cloth in the garage before I take them into the house. 

Honored Contributor

We use Fed Ex from our office. Not fans of UPS. I do know that the drivers are on super tight schedules to the detriment of how they handle customers service

Honored Contributor

I can only.imagine how filthy those UPS distribution centers must be.  Housekeeping is not a priority.  I try to remove the contents from the shipping envelope while I'm outside or in the garage to avoid bringing those filthy bags in the house.  I keep a couple of the cleaner bags in case I have to return something.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor
The last two packages I received actually had a tar-like substance smeared all over them. Before I noticed it I picked them up and got it all over my hands! It took forever to get it off, but, thankfully it didn’t get on anything else.
Honored Contributor

I have had happen few times, I believe in the winter.  Not very often at all, it's a rare thing for me.  It doesn't bother me because my the merchadise inside is always well protected and in perfect condition.  I think it's a delivery issue, not a retailer issue.